PDA

View Full Version : my first leitz box - an ebay find

Mike Heidrick
12-02-2010, 10:49 PM
I bought a couple wyes and some straight length Nordfab from a florida woodworker and ebay seller named Brad. Made him an offer on this ball bearing rub collar set as well since it did not sell at auction. He accepted. They are very well made and a very nice and very heavy set. He included it in my freight shipping of the duct work. Thought I would share some pictures for all the shaper boys here. Bearing is for my 1 1/4" spindle and I have collars from 150mm to 75mm. I hope it will go well with my garniga RP head and the rebate chamfer head.

Stephen Cherry
12-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Nice, I may need to borrow a couple of those though.

Mike Heidrick
12-02-2010, 11:25 PM
If you are close enough come on by. Prob not an item that will get used everyday. Only have one bearing though - may call leitz about that to have a spare. Also I seem to have all sizes in 5mm increments except 80mm for some reason.

Bill Huber
12-02-2010, 11:40 PM
If you are close enough come on by. Prob not an item that will get used everyday. Only have one bearing though - may call leitz about that to have a spare. Also I seem to have all sizes in 5mm increments except 80mm for some reason.

I have 3 questions:

Just what are they for, and how are they used?

Is Downs still out then in the sicks, I lived there for 2 yours and really liked it. I lived about 2 miles north of town.

Stephen Cherry
12-02-2010, 11:46 PM

Just joking about borrowing.

You may want to call dave at oella saw- he has lots of leitz stuff and may have a bearing. I bought two leitz heads from him and they seem like great products.

Mike Heidrick
12-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Hi Bill. Hope you are well my friend.

Think of them as interchangeable bearings on a router bit - only huge and you can run them on top and bottom. Allows you to make patterns and templates and shape to them. Also allows for shaping cathedral cabinet doors using templates. I have several euro tooling heads now that these will be handy with. Laguna is a BAD BAD place for selling those to me LOL. I could not pass up Tim's deals. Miss that dude!

Downs is not in the sticks anymore but there are still one or two fields before it. Their property taxes are very high for this area. Tri Valley school district does that. Some nice homes out there now two. A buddy will be building out there soon and have several friends out that way already. You can still get a nice chuck of property if you want to afford it. With corporate south just off 150 it is close enough to the Farm that it makes it nice to live there without much drive and still have a corp paying job.

Mike Heidrick
12-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Just joking about borrowing.

You may want to call dave at oella saw- he has lots of leitz stuff and may have a bearing. I bought two leitz heads from him and they seem like great products.

Ever buy anything from Xcesstooling on woodnet. He has lots of leitz tooling.

Oella is the major hits on Leitz on google for sure!

Joe Jensen
12-02-2010, 11:52 PM
I bought a couple wyes and some straight length Nordfab from a florida woodworker and ebay seller named Brad. Made him an offer on this ball bearing rub collar set as well since it did not sell at auction. He accepted. They are very well made and a very nice and very heavy set. He included it in my freight shipping of the duct work. Thought I would share some pictures for all the shaper boys here. Bearing is for my 1 1/4" spindle and I have collars from 150mm to 75mm. I hope it will go well with my garniga RP head and the rebate chamfer head.

Just what I need. Was it posted on ebay? I've dropped a ton with Greg on Garniga. Did you get the latest cabinet door profile from him?

Stephen Cherry
12-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Ever buy anything from Xcesstooling on woodnet. He has lots of leitz tooling.

Oella is the major hits on Leitz on google for sure!

I'll check out the xcesstooling. THanks for the tip. Oella is just a few minutes from where I live, so it's nice to check out the goodies.

Mike Heidrick
12-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Joe, No I did not. I just have the five RP profiles that came with the RP head. There is a new one?

I need that Rail stile set! Was it 1/2 off too. I am going to kick myself for not ordering that if so!!!

Mike Heidrick
12-03-2010, 12:08 AM
I'll check out the xcesstooling. THanks for the tip. Oella is just a few minutes from where I live, so it's nice to check out the goodies.

That would sure be nice!! If you are in there sometime ask about 1 1/4" rub collars and bearings. Joe and I would like more info as this is the first we have seen them in a box like this. #7853 is the part number hand written on my box.