PDA

View Full Version : It's here!!!

Jiten Patel
12-02-2010, 4:47 PM
Finally after 3 months of waiting, I finally recieved my galvo. I spent an entire week re-doing all my designs as for some reason the spot size on my machine is bigger than the one I used at Trotec, so my designs are either vaporising, or falling to pieced. Not fun.

I think there might be something wrong with the focus, but i will have to wait for the engineer as he in only holiday for three weeks!

Loving the machine though....great fun. Lets the good times roll. (pics to follow)

Dan Hintz
12-02-2010, 5:14 PM
Jit,

Raise or lower the table half an inch, then an inch, and see if the original pattern is more crisp than what you have now. If so, you know its a focal length issue.

Frank Corker
12-02-2010, 5:15 PM
Glad to hear it Jit, sure we will be seeing some of your work soon, don't burn yourself.

Bruce Volden
12-02-2010, 6:18 PM
Jit

Of course you have to post a picture or it NEVER happened :eek: :D

Bruce

Dee Gallo
12-02-2010, 6:41 PM
Congratulations Jit! Let the fun begin! Post pix when you get some, if you ever come up for air.

:) dee

Dee Gallo
12-02-2010, 6:43 PM
Jit,

Raise or lower the table half an inch, then an inch, and see if the original pattern is more crisp than what you have now. If so, you know its a focal length issue.

Hey Dan! I want that Friends of the Creek thing on MY sig... how did you do that? I dragged it off and loaded it onto my sig, but it does not show.

Frank Corker
12-02-2010, 7:07 PM
The link for that Dee is here
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?do=signup

Dan Hintz
12-02-2010, 7:46 PM
Right-click, select "Copy Image Location", and put it in your sig like any other image.

This is also a temporary thing until Aaron is able to find the time to add proper badges.

Dee Gallo
12-02-2010, 7:51 PM
Right-click, select "Copy Image Location", and put it in your sig like any other image.

This is also a temporary thing until Aaron is able to find the time to add proper badges.

Thanks Dan, I knew I could count on you!

Andrea Weissenseel
12-04-2010, 4:03 AM
Great, can't wait to see some more of your work

Cheers, Andrea

Jiten Patel
12-06-2010, 4:37 AM
Dan, I have tried moving the table up and down. But with the galvo you have a marking field (mine is 280mmx280mm) so the table is set at the perfect height to give me that field which means it is in focus. Im out by 0.02-3 mm but it makes a massive difference to all my designs as they are just frying. I spent the whole of last week redesigning everything as i need to get my portfolio sorted.

The trotec engineer is on holiday until the new year so will have to wait until he gets back to have a look at it. In the mean time i will have to work with what I have got! LASER POWERRR!!! :D

Jon Colley
12-06-2010, 8:32 AM
Which lens were you using on the system at Trotec? The 400mm FL lens has a large spot size of 0.5mm (0.020") so if you were using a shorter lens there, this may explain the resutls. If not, then it could be a focusing issue or (much less likely) a beam expander issue.

You can post here or PM me and I'll do my best to help you out here from across the pond.