PDA

View Full Version : Curt Fuller - you are first class!

John Keeton
12-02-2010, 12:21 PM
I had purchased a couple of cans of Minwax AO, and while I know it is a favorite of many, I just didn't care for it. So, I got Curt's address and shipped them to him. He commented he had been holding a piece of wood for me, and wanted my address.

This came today!!:) Box Elder burl, and it is unbelievable!! Full of eyes and rays! Ms. Keeton and I have been discussing the fit and proper use of this, and I think I have come upon a plan of action. Hope to start into this piece shortly. It is bone dry, too!!:D:D

Thanks, Curt. I know you said it wasn't a trade - and good thing! Had it been, you got the raw end of that deal!

Steve Schlumpf
12-02-2010, 12:24 PM
WOW! Look at all the NE possibilities! This should prove to be interesting!

Oh - I also agree! Curt is a First-Class kind of guy!

Rob Cunningham
12-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Great looking piece of wood. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Scott Hackler
12-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Wow is right. Boy John, you have really been a good boy this year. The presents just keep rolling in.

David DeCristoforo
12-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Drool.... pant, pant...

Ken Glass
12-02-2010, 12:55 PM
John,
That's a beauty. What are the dimensions? It sure has a good deal of NE on it and should make a great piece. Looking forward to see what you decide.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Curt is top shelf IMHO. Congrats John!

David Woodruff
12-02-2010, 1:08 PM
Color Me Green, Envy, Envy, Envy

That looks to be a perfect fit for the VB 36

I look forward to the end result, the pressure is on!

bob svoboda
12-02-2010, 1:28 PM
Nice gesture, Curt. John, I know you will turn something spectacular out of that gorgeous hunk of wood!

Jim Burr
12-02-2010, 1:32 PM
If Christmas is about giving, Curt...your covered for a while! I suspect Mr Keeton may be putting some extra hours in the shop in a worthy effort ;)

Baxter Smith
12-02-2010, 1:34 PM
Nice chunk of wood!

John Keeton
12-02-2010, 1:55 PM
John,
That's a beauty. What are the dimensions? It sure has a good deal of NE on it and should make a great piece. Looking forward to see what you decide.Ken, it is a 6" cube. Wonderful NE potential!

Color Me Green, Envy, Envy, Envy

That looks to be a perfect fit for the VB 36

I look forward to the end result, the pressure is on!David, much, much too small for a big ol' VB 36!!!;) But, just right for a little Delta 46-460!:D

steven carter
12-02-2010, 2:02 PM
John,

Some guys seem to have all the luck..... but perhaps it's because they deserve it:rolleyes:. Can't wait to see what you do with it. By the way, while in Woodcraft the other day my wife comes up to me with a magazine, and says "isn't this they guy you know that you were telling me about?", she remembered your picture from my showing her one of your posts here. She was very impressed with the article as was I.

Steve

Bill Bolen
12-02-2010, 2:53 PM
The way I'm drooling I sure hope no one posts below me unless your wearing a raincoat! WTG John and Curt!

Tim Rinehart
12-02-2010, 2:56 PM
I have turned BE burl one time, a nice size piece that is still probably my first or second favorite of all woods I've turned (for beauty/character) and I got the form right on.
I'm sure you'll do it justice.

Congrats on being a good boy and getting an early present!;)

David E Keller
12-02-2010, 2:58 PM
I'd say what goes around comes around. Good on both of you for sharing... I think Keeton may owe you at least another can of the oil.

Bernie Weishapl
12-02-2010, 4:12 PM
For sure Curt is top notch. Really a great looking piece of wood John. I can see a half dozen things it could be.

Leo Van Der Loo
12-02-2010, 4:23 PM
I had purchased a couple of cans of Minwax AO, and while I know it is a favorite of many, I just didn't care for it. So, I got Curt's address and shipped them to him. He commented he had been holding a piece of wood for me, and wanted my address.

This came today!!:) Box Elder burl, and it is unbelievable!! Full of eyes and rays! Ms. Keeton and I have been discussing the fit and proper use of this, and I think I have come upon a plan of action. Hope to start into this piece shortly. It is bone dry, too!!:D:D

Thanks, Curt. I know you said it wasn't a trade - and good thing! Had it been, you got the raw end of that deal!

I seems to me that you soon will have to build an extension onto your wood-stash depot, you'll never get through all this purdy wood all by yourself turning those itty-bitty HF of yours :rolleyes: :D ;)

John Keeton
12-02-2010, 4:37 PM
...you have really been a good boy this year.Mmmmm....probably not, but so long as Santa doesn't find out!

By the way, while in Woodcraft the other day my wife comes up to me with a magazine, and says "isn't this they guy you know that you were telling me about?", she remembered your picture from my showing her one of your posts here. She was very impressed with the article as was I.

SteveThanks, Steve! I do look forward to meeting you all at some point. Sorry it didn't work out last trip.

I seems to me that you soon will have to build an extension onto your wood-stash depot, you'll never get through all this purdy wood all by yourself turning those itty-bitty HF of yours :rolleyes: :D ;)Leo, that is why it is so nice to have a barn!!:D:D But, I sure would have a lot more room if I got rid of all the flat stock I have stored for furniture projects that aren't likely to get done!:o