PDA

View Full Version : I can not tell a lie...

Christopher K. Hartley
12-02-2010, 10:58 AM
I must confess, I cheated on Beauty (for any nubies, that is my Lathe) yesterday,:( The allure was too great, the Sirens beckoned and I succumb to their call. I'm so ashamed:o...NOT!

Blue Cat 15 lbs 49 oz My buddy one upped me at 27 1/2 pounds.

I promise I'll N____ do it again...He He!

Would you believe me if I told you I turned it?;)

Kyle Iwamoto
12-02-2010, 11:05 AM
What finish did you use? It looks real!:D

Nice fat cat.... My biggest was 12 or so. Congrats!

Mark Hubl
12-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Winner Winner Catfish Dinner. Can I have some hush puppies with mine.

Nice. Jealous.:)

Rick Markham
12-02-2010, 11:09 AM
I cheated recently on my woodworking too... :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Rick357/66340_1634524549080_1415673216_1707111_6500739_n.j pg

Jim Burr
12-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Get the Tabasco! Rick...that's a Photoshop fishing trip! :D:D;)

bob svoboda
12-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Nice job! Did you use a vacuum chuck to reverse and turn the tail fin? Wait!! 15 lbs 49 oz???

jared herbert
12-02-2010, 11:29 AM
This is what I did to cheat, actually taken last year, a little different weather than the fishing pictures, but then who can ever believe an old fisherman. jared

Rick Markham
12-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Haha... nah... it's just St. John's pass in Florida... those are just little groupers, barely even keepers ;)

Rick Markham
12-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Nice buck Jared! How did you get him to hold still for the photo? :D

jared herbert
12-02-2010, 1:36 PM
The black tool laying on the deers body was all it took to calm him down. It is a muzzle loader, puts alittle more sport in to in, only one shot at a time. Temp was about 0 at the time too.. Jared

Tim Rinehart
12-02-2010, 2:58 PM
hmmm, the deer looks like alot of effort for some pen blanks and duck calls from antler...oh well...:rolleyes::D

Rick Markham
12-02-2010, 3:08 PM
Ooooo, that's a new aspect to this turning hobby I hadn't considered... OMG this gets to fuel my "other" expensive hobby as well :eek:

Happy happy joy joy!!!

"but honey... I have to hunt for some new blanks today!" :D

Oh yes, I keep forgetting to tell you what a nice catfish ya got there Christopher! I bet it was fun to fight. What lb test were you using, and what kind of rod?

Christopher K. Hartley
12-02-2010, 3:57 PM
What finish did you use? It looks real!:D

Nice fat cat.... My biggest was 12 or so. Congrats!Thanks Kyle, it is a new finish called "Slick Skin":D

Winner Winner Catfish Dinner. Can I have some hush puppies with mine.
Nice. Jealous.:)Sure can Mark along with Fried Okra and Onion Rings.:)

Nice job! Did you use a vacuum chuck to reverse and turn the tail fin? Wait!! 15 lbs 49 oz???Thanks Bob, actually I had to revert to FlatWork for the tail.

This is what I did to cheat, actually taken last year, a little different weather than the fishing pictures, but then who can ever believe an old fisherman. jaredSo true Jared but at least you can turn the rack on that one.:)

Ooooo, that's a new aspect to this turning hobby I hadn't considered... OMG this gets to fuel my "other" expensive hobby as well :eek:
Happy happy joy joy!!!

"but honey... I have to hunt for some new blanks today!" :D

Oh yes, I keep forgetting to tell you what a nice catfish ya got there Christopher! I bet it was fun to fight. What lb test were you using, and what kind of rod?Oh my!!! not just an Abyss but a Black Hole.:eek: Actually we were running Jug Lines. I now have a freezer full of catfish to add to last years Crappie and Brim. After all a guy gets hungry doin all that turning.:)

Bernie Weishapl
12-02-2010, 4:09 PM
Chris you should be ashamed of yourself. Cheating like that. NOT!!!!!!! By the way nice cat there. Make some good eat'in.

Ray Bell
12-02-2010, 4:18 PM
You are a fisherman, and "you can not tell a lie" ha, do you really expect anybody to believe that;)

Jim Underwood
12-02-2010, 4:38 PM
Hey you fisher guys...

If you haven't seen it, you should check out Gary Ljostad's awesome Madrone Fish at the AAW forums/gallery.

You could turn one...:D

Christopher K. Hartley
12-02-2010, 5:17 PM
Chris you should be ashamed of yourself. Cheating like that. NOT!!!!!!! By the way nice cat there. Make some good eat'in.OK Bernie, I'm hanging my head in shame. My wife makes Catfish Cakes...akin to MD Crab Cakes and they are to die for, so what can I say?

You are a fisherman, and "you can not tell a lie" ha, do you really expect anybody to believe that;)Ah come on Ray...have a little compassion here. Cut a fellow turner some slack! Please???:(

Hey you fisher guys...

If you haven't seen it, you should check out Gary Ljostad's awesome Madrone Fish at the AAW forums/gallery.

You could turn one...:DHaven't seen it but I'll take a look. But...Can you cook it??:confused:

David DeCristoforo
12-02-2010, 5:22 PM
You can turn that fish... then you haven't cheated at all. Just turn it into a dinner. OK, ok, it's a technicality I know. But as any lawyer will tell you, there have been more than many cases won on technicalities...

Christopher K. Hartley
12-02-2010, 5:34 PM
You can turn that fish... then you haven't cheated at all. Just turn it into a dinner. OK, ok, it's a technicality I know. But as any lawyer will tell you, there have been more than many cases won on technicalities...David talk about turning WET wood...can you imagine your face shield?:D

Reed Gray
12-02-2010, 6:55 PM
It is not cheating if you serve it on wood platters.

robo hippy

Ray Bell
12-02-2010, 7:08 PM
"Ah come on Ray...have a little compassion here. Cut a fellow turner some slack! Please"???

Christoper, as a fellow turner, I believe you, but as a fellow fisherperson???

Michael James
12-02-2010, 7:36 PM
Christopher,
I have a Tshirt that reads "I fish, therefore I lie." Do you need one?:cool:

Christopher K. Hartley
12-02-2010, 8:22 PM
It is not cheating if you serve it on wood platters.

robo hippyHey I can live with this. Great Idea!

"Ah come on Ray...have a little compassion here. Cut a fellow turner some slack! Please"???

Christoper, as a fellow turner, I believe you, but as a fellow fisherperson???I know, I know...with fishing even pictures don't tell the whole story. Right?:eek:

Christopher,
I have a Tshirt that reads "I fish, therefore I lie." Do you need one?:cool:Michael, come on here, your arn't helping the issue.:D

Reed Gray
12-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Old fisher men never die, they just smell that way. unknown author

robo hippy

Christopher K. Hartley
12-03-2010, 4:49 PM
Old fisher men never die, they just smell that way. unknown author

robo hippyOh, so that's what my wife has been complaining about!:p