PDA

View Full Version : Call for Articles to those who would like to be published.

Keith Outten
12-02-2010, 6:27 AM
Most of you know that we are about to install the publishing suite with our upcoming upgrade to vBulletin 4. We are only a few days away from the upgrade so I thought I would let everyone know that we will have a new publishing section here at The Creek with lots of new features to support advanced articles and papers.

I can't answer many questions at this point because I haven't had the time to use the new features yet, you guys and gals are keeping me so busy there just hasn't been time to wander through the mock-up software we have installed.

If you have something to share with the world you will have a great opportunity to do so at center stage very soon. Note that we are already into our busy season and setting all time traffic records that we expect will continue for the next three to four months.

Get your articles ready to publish, we will make further announcements as we get closer to the upgrade. BTW, you should expect The Creek to be offline for at least 4 to 6 hours during the software upgrade as we migrate our database and setup the new features.

:)

Dan Hintz
12-02-2010, 6:55 AM
Keith,

Will it be a free-for-all area (free as in "documents are tabulated on age, just like a thread", not as in "free of cost"), or can we have user-designated sections (like a blog is associated with a specific person). I'm interested in creating tutorials, but I'd like them to be in specific grouping... or may be there's a convenient way to sort/search on username, title, subjects, etc.

Keith Outten
12-02-2010, 7:05 AM
Dan,

I don't know yet, I hope to be able to answer your question after this weekend.