PDA

View Full Version : Some Recent work

Scott Lux
12-01-2010, 8:58 PM
I haven't been taking pictures of my stuff lately. So I thought I was due to post some.

Pens in Black Locust and Boxelder, Friction finish

Wine Stoppers in Walnut and Poplar, CA finish

Black Walnut bowl with key shavings filling the cracks, 3.5" X 1.75" CA finish

Pendants in Cherry, Oak, Black Walnut, and Curly Maple

Sorry for the poor photos. Out of practice I guess.

David E Keller
12-01-2010, 9:13 PM
Nice work on them all. I love the stoppers... The contrasting circle really catches the eye.

Bernie Weishapl
12-01-2010, 9:14 PM
Great pieces Scott. I like the stoppers and the bowl.

John Keeton
12-01-2010, 9:28 PM
Scott, you understand, I hope, that you get demerits for turning stuff and not posting pics!!;) We have ways of finding out!!

Nice work - the walnut bowl has some real character, and some good looking stoppers and pendants. Since I don't do pens, I wouldn't know one from another, but looks like you did good work on these.

Baxter Smith
12-01-2010, 9:34 PM
Nice variety Scott. All look good to me!

Scott Lux
12-01-2010, 10:37 PM
John, the pens are just slimlines. The low end of the pen world. But they're a great gift to give the guys who helped with my deck. The Black Locust is scrap from the deck.

David, I live just outside Columbus, Ohio. Here those look like buckeyes and sell really well. Two years ago I made and sold 75 of them at Christmas.

I forgot to include a pic of the large pendant strung. It's a little different mounting method. I put a groove around the edge of the pendant, the cord is pulled tight and knotted to keep it in place. Feedback (LOML) is that it's really cool and different.

Mark Hubl
12-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Scott,

You have been busy. A very nice looking assortment. I really like your pendants and the bottle stoppers draw my attention as well. Good to see your work.

Christopher K. Hartley
12-02-2010, 8:02 AM
Good job Scott, lots of neat stuff here.:)

steven carter
12-02-2010, 8:50 AM
Good work Scott, I am partial to your pendants especially the one with the grooved mounting.

Steve