PDA

View Full Version : Digital Readout on Freud FT3000

Barry Lyndon
12-01-2010, 4:03 PM
I just purchased a Freud FT3000 router and will be mounting it under a table without a lift (I don't even know if lifts exist for it). I want to use the Wixey digital readout with it but the product description says it's ideal for lifts. Has anyone actually mounted the Wixey DRO to a Freud FT3000? If not, any thoughts on why this wouldn't work?

George Bokros
12-01-2010, 5:43 PM
I have the read out and it mounts to lifts. I am not familar with that router but the digital read out mounts with screws as it comes out of the box so i am not sure how you could screw it to the router.

glenn bradley
12-01-2010, 5:59 PM
I would imagine you could epoxy some L brackets of some other item that you could screw to. The mounting point would have to be proud enough to allow a direct parallel path with the motor for the gauge to read correctly. It may be a bit odd looking but, should be possible. I used a small hardwood block to act as an odd shaped connector block to connect the read-head to the strip (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=160363&d=1283615025) (not a Wixey) on my planer and it works great.