PDA

View Full Version : Just for laughs

john brenton
12-01-2010, 3:23 PM
All obvious phallic jokes aside (ie. the "Holmes" smoother, etc.) ...whose plane was this that they needed a horn that big? Lou Ferrigno?

ebay #120654488344

Marv Werner
12-01-2010, 3:42 PM
Just don't think I'll go there..... :D

The mods are watching

Pat Zabrocki
12-01-2010, 3:51 PM
I didn't even have to go check, I knew exactly which one you were talking about... and I thought roughly the same thing ;)
pat

Bill Houghton
12-01-2010, 4:40 PM
This is the design made especially for the Swiss Navy and is used in underwater planing, to keep the docks in proper condition. The longer horn allows the sailor in question to keep his/her uniform dry while working.

Very rare.

I like the line about "...c[o]uld [be] replaced with something more elegant..." What could be more elegant than that horn? It's so reminiscent of one of those African antelopes that show up on the Nature channel to amaze us.

john brenton
12-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Ahhh, the elusive "Der Snorkeler" smoother. Thanks for the info!

This is the design made especially for the Swiss Navy and is used in underwater planing, to keep the docks in proper condition. The longer horn allows the sailor in question to keep his/her uniform dry while working.

Very rare.

Rick Markham
12-02-2010, 7:32 AM

Very rare.

I beg to differ... the swiss navy version has a other attachments on it... a Spoon, fork and toothpick... even a cap iron screwdriver on the side... not very functional I know but neither is the Swiss navy...

It's made to use both hands on the front horn :p maybe "a smoother built for two" your buddy pulls while you push :rolleyes: