PDA

View Full Version : Power Magnets Problem

Liesl Dexheimer
12-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Just out of curiosity, is anyone having issues with JDS's MP302 magnets? I think I may have gotten a bad batch... I spent a good 2 min trying to peel off the protective piece of the sticky backing. The green piece kept sticking to the foam. I had to do this on 50 magnets. Wasted a lot of time & am very unhappy. :(

Anyone have any other good suppliers for magnets? I looked @ Marco/DTC but they were quite pricey.

Liesl Dexheimer
12-01-2010, 11:46 AM
May have answered my own question, Johnson Plastics may be another option...I was trying to keep things on the east coast though. :(

Mike Null
12-01-2010, 11:58 AM
I use the JDS mp302 exclusively and I usually buy 500 at a time. They are relatively trouble free. A couple of years ago I had a problem and JDS replaced everything. I forgot what the problem was.

I've been using them for years without a single customer complaint.

Anyway contact JDS and they'll replace them.

Martin Boekers
12-01-2010, 12:40 PM
JDS is great to replace anything that is not satisfactory.

I imagine most vendors buy magnets from similar manufactures so buying
from another company may be the exact same product.

Sometimes there is a defect with the product, so you probably did get
a bad batch.

I too like Mike buy in larger quantities, if you watch JDS they have sales
on them from time to time. Or I list them with my "known consumables"
to fill out the order to hit the $1000 free shipping with them.

Every little bit helps!

Marty

Liesl Dexheimer
12-01-2010, 3:27 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of contacting JDS. I ordered them about 2 weeks ago though so I dunno if that's ok or not. I did call JDS once before when they didn't have the stock in the warehouse we order from and they were nice enough to send it to us with the shipping & handling cost from NJ instead of further away. :)