PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
12-01-2010, 10:59 AM
1 Dec 2010

Good Morning,

Yea, I know....I'm really late posting the weekend accomplishments. I'm sorry, but here's why I'm late posting.

Saturday, 27 Nov 2010, in Alabama, we laid to rest my Father-In-Law, Clayton Roy. I called him "Pop" and we were the best of friends and shared a lot of life together. After the funeral, I got food poisoning and had to be take to the local medical center for treatment and was restricted to total bed rest until Tuesday morning. Because of my day job, we had to leave Tuesday from Alabama to get back hom so I could work the day job starting tonight as I'm oncall this week. I'm still recovering from the food poisoning and I'm ever so glad that we have drugs that do help with such things. I do know now that this is a very hard way to do a weight loss program.! ;)

I will miss "Pop" and I will miss his family hugs every time we go there and every time we leave there. He was a loving man, full of compassion, understanding, and a love for family that is extremely rare in this day and time.

Well, that's it for me...so what did YOU do over the holiday weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Dennis,

Once again my friend, my sincere condolences for the loss of your Father-In-Law.

I had a family weekend. Our youngest son, his lovely wife and their two beautiful twin 9-month old daughters were here from late Tuesday evening through Sunday. I didn't get much done but play with the twins. No regrets!

Anthony Whitesell
12-01-2010, 11:32 AM
My condolences to you and your family Dennis.

As for my weekend, I broke and fixed both of my garden tractor trailers and played the annual game of Christmas Light Hanging. The game took about 4 hours and at the end the score was around 112 to 1500. I replaced atleast 112 of the 1500 light bulbs in the course of checking and hanging the lights. Who knew so many light bulbs could burn out from just sitting in your basement?

glenn bradley
12-01-2010, 11:44 AM
My thoughts are with you Dennis. My weekend pales to insignificance . . . Just visited some family and ate a lot of food.

Matt Meiser
12-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Dennis, sorry to hear about your FIL. Seems like a rough year for your family.

We spent Thanksgiving with most of my family at a church-owned camp where my youngest brother who is becoming a priest is living for the year. The priest who manages the camp made the best turkey I've ever had. He says the secret is not overcooking (the pop out timers are inaccurate) and letting it rest before carving. LOML had to work Friday and LOMLjr and I went to a friends to build a prototype of an easel our club is building for Toys for Tots next weekend. When that was done I took her out to lunch then braved the mall to find her a new winter coat. Sunday I installed a new entry door in the garage and a new storm door on the front of the house--taking care of a few long-term maintenance issues while we can still get the tax credits! I also took Monday off and did some stuff around the house and worked on LOMLjr's desk.

Jim Rimmer
12-01-2010, 12:43 PM
My sympathies to you and your family.

We spent Thanksgiving week in northern Virginia with both kids/spouses and 5 grandkids. Toured Harper's Ferry, Mt. Vernon, national capitol building, Library of Congress, Iwo Jima Memorial, Jefferson Memorial and National Art gallery. I have been to a lot of other historic sites on previous visits but there is a lifetime of things to see in DC.

Thorughly enjoyed the time with the family but am glad to be home.

Art Mulder
12-01-2010, 3:48 PM
Spent 3 days working at the "kids zone" at the Canadian Home Workshop show (http://www.canadianhomeworkshop.com/show) in Toronto. Our team helped about 350-380 kids each build a woodworking project that they could take home. (a step stool or a shelf with shaker pegs underneath)

Fun times!

Jim Becker
12-02-2010, 9:29 PM
In addition to the normal riding lesson on Saturday, I started laying the wide pine flooring in the "study room" that lies in the 250 year old portion of our home and continued with some of the paint work.