PDA

View Full Version : General International 50-260 vs. Jet JTAS-10XL

Jim Staley
12-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Hello all:

After several years of using a contractor saw (General International 50-185) I'm looking to upgrade to a cabinet saw. While I would love to get my hands on a left tilt Unisaw or Powermatic 66, I just don't see them very often in my neck of the woods for an affordable price.

I currently have a line on a General International 50-260 (manufactured in 2004) for around $800. The saw comes with the 52" General fence with extension table and legs. The alternative, a Jet JTAS-10XL, I have seen fairly often (more readilly available?) on Craigslist near towns I work in. Price is normally in the same range, with those including a mobile base being slightly more expensive. While the mobile base would be nice now, I hope to build a pole barn in the near future to house my shop and at that point the saw will remain stationary.

So... what are your thoughts between the two saws? I would be particularly interested on getting feedback from individuals that have experience with BOTH, but ANY feedback is more than appreciated.

Thanks in advance!