PDA

View Full Version : And something totally different

GEDunton
04-09-2003, 6:01 PM
Okay, lots of boxes. All nice and straight, crisp square corners, precise right angles. Kinda like real furniture. What about furniture without one right angle? Only one flat surface (the top) and nary a geometeric property else where. What you say? Can't be so! Of course it can.

Got this art deco and art neuveau bug a while back. So did a couple of art neuveau tables. This one is the more outre of the two. All cherry, but with lots of sap wood. The legs are "kinda" mitered together, awful angles. They are pinned and glued to the top, no expansion worries. Can't see it very well, but the top is deeply figured with lots of blood lines.

Its odd enough some of you may enjoy it.

Just stretch the mind.

Kevin Gerstenecker
04-09-2003, 6:08 PM
As my daugher said when she saw the picture of your table......................."WAY COOL!" Then she asked, "Dad, why don't you do cool furniture like that?" She really knows how to make me feel good! ;)
Just goes to show what you can accomplish when you "Think outside the Box." Absolutely beautiful..........maybe not for everyone, but after all, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Like she said................WAY COOL!

Bart Leetch
04-09-2003, 7:37 PM
You table looks great.

I had this thought that you had lost your nerves of steel before you cut it out.

Jason Roehl
04-09-2003, 8:20 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about! Great looking table! I would be sorely disappointed if I didn't see that gracing the pages of FWW or the like in the near future.:)

Bob Lasley
04-09-2003, 10:20 PM
GE,

That is one unique table! I especially like the feet.

Bob

Charles McKinley
04-10-2003, 9:14 AM
Love the wavy lines.

Jim Izat
04-10-2003, 9:40 AM
<center><b><font color=red size = 5><MARQUEE LOOP="infinite" BGCOLOR="lime">
WOW! I love it, it captures the eye and won't let go!</MARQUEE></font></b></center>

<b><font color=green>Jim Izat

Lee Schierer
04-10-2003, 11:21 AM
That's a pretty nice table. Now it is time to confess, just how many beers did you consume before you cut out the parts?

Good work!

john elliott
04-10-2003, 1:08 PM
Excellent, I really like it.
John

GEDunton
04-10-2003, 6:12 PM
Thanks for the comments. I had hoped others would enjoy it. That's the fun, giving a bit of joy, and maybe a little off the wall..

To Lee, nary a single beer, however I do recall a couple of "small" glasses of sour mash that day. But I try not to have more than three before working on such stuff. Get much more tan 48 ounces and you knda loss your prospective. So you are aware, sour mash should be consumed in frozen, heavy weight 16 oz glasses to be truly appreciated.

Jim, Great bannner, love it. As a Chaucery fan might I assume that you'd agree with me on the proper use and application of sour mash?

Kevin, yup that's what daughters are about, mine too. So make her one, just let the juices flow. Mine got one with a suspended drawer in the middle. No pics, sorry, but as free flowing. Her freind whose Dad runs a furniture manufacturing business, I think in NY, said she was going to have her Dad make her one. No report. Figure he felt as you did.

Steve Clardy
04-10-2003, 8:25 PM
Looks like lotsa work. Number of hours?
Steve:D

Jim Baker
04-10-2003, 9:41 PM
I think I saw something just like that chasing the Hobbits when I watched the movie Lord of the Rings with my son.