PDA

View Full Version : Tis the Season – from My Shop to Yours

Steve Schlumpf
11-30-2010, 11:53 PM
I am sure that many of you like to decorate your shops to help create and maintain a festive atmosphere during the holidays! Right?????? ;) I figure if this brings one smile to someone’s face – it was worth the effort! :D

As you already know, it can be challenging to keep coming up with new and innovative decorating ideas! :rolleyes: So, in keeping with the spirit of this newly arrived Holiday Season……. I present to you, my shop…..

Have a wonderful - and safe - Holiday Season!

Mark Hubl
11-30-2010, 11:55 PM
Love it. Happy Happy, Merry Merry and Ho Ho Ho!

Duff Bement
12-01-2010, 1:25 AM
This is the only time you will ever see an angel on that lath. ho ho ho:D

Ken Fitzgerald
12-01-2010, 1:44 AM
Merry Christmas Steve!

John Keeton
12-01-2010, 6:17 AM
Ahhhh, yes.....Christmas at the Schlumpf house!!! How could one forget!!:D:D

Glad you didn't use those blue looking LED lights that are so popular - Ms. Keeton loathes those things! My advance apologies to anyone that just got through buying a bunch of those:o....but, Ms. Keeton still doesn't like them!;)

Tis' the season to be jolly! So, does this mean the lathe is on hiatus until post Christmas???

Ken Hill
12-01-2010, 6:24 AM
Merry Christmas albiet a tad early!

I dont do anything fancy here, but I do try and hang one of Rudolphs brethren in the shop annually!:D

Jerry Rhoads
12-01-2010, 7:49 AM
Ahhhhh And a wonderful shop it is
Merry Christmas Steve.

Jerry

Gary Max
12-01-2010, 8:04 AM
And a very Merry to you also---the angel is a nice touch.
I already have all my Christmas shopping done----HoHoHo

Justin Stephen
12-01-2010, 8:14 AM
Dear God. That's awesome. :)

David E Keller
12-01-2010, 8:20 AM
I think the Schlumpf Christmas lathe may become a holiday tradition like watching the movie 'Christmas Story'... Fa ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra

Roger Chandler
12-01-2010, 8:22 AM
Steve,

I guess you will not be turning till after the holidays??? I would hate to have to take those lights down and put them back up every time I wanted to use the lathe. :D

Nice to celebrate the Christmas season!

David Reed
12-01-2010, 8:37 AM
Like David, I also immediately thought of the 'Christmas Story and the seasonally festive Schlumpf workshop as a couple traditions I have grown accustomed to.
Unfortunately Santa has subleased my shop and will be quite busy for the next few weeks and any seasonally festive lighting would be just too much of a hazard.
Wishing you all an upcoming very Merry Christmas and a joyous and prosperous coming year.

bob svoboda
12-01-2010, 9:12 AM
Thanks Steve. Think I'll just hang your photo in my shop and tell people "I could have done this, but, Steve beat me to it". Happy Holidays!

David DeCristoforo
12-01-2010, 9:56 AM
You win! That would take the prize in any "decorated house" contest! But please please PLEASE... don't turn it on!!!

Tim Rinehart
12-01-2010, 10:05 AM
I think that's great. I may have to go out and decorate my shop now!

Nicely done, and wishes to you and your family around the holidays.

Steve Schlumpf
12-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

Just to ease everyone's concerns - the lights were put away 5 minutes after taking the photo! I have a chunk of Box Elder that is going to be roughed out this afternoon and like to start off with a clean lathe!

Bernie Weishapl
12-01-2010, 11:26 AM
That is cool Steve. Merry Christmas to you.

steven carter
12-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Steve,

Thanks for the belly laugh! I was looking forward to seeing your shop again this Christmas. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Steve

Michael James
12-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

Just to ease everyone's concerns - the lights were put away 5 minutes after taking the photo! I have a chunk of Box Elder that is going to be roughed out this afternoon and like to start off with a clean lathe!

I was hoping that was just the ceremonial snapshot! You could print it - get it made poster size, frame and then bring out with the rest of the stuff every yr and have your shop in sync.
Ditto to you and yours!

Baxter Smith
12-01-2010, 1:37 PM
Merry Christmas to you to Steve!

Kelvin Burton
12-01-2010, 1:46 PM
Are the lights flashing? Maybe you could add a video clip? :-)

Merry Christmas.

Jon McElwain
12-01-2010, 1:47 PM
You win! That would take the prize in any "decorated house" contest! But please please PLEASE... don't turn it on!!!

Of course it you do happen to turn it on, could you please post a video?:D

James Roberts
12-01-2010, 7:30 PM
Usually all I have to worry about is getting pine needles out of the carpet, but you have to pick out the chips and curlies too. Merry Christmas, Steve.

ps Shop is way too clean.

Ryan Baker
12-01-2010, 7:38 PM
Well, now it's officially the Christmas season, now that Steve's annual light display is back. :) Happy Holidays Steve.

patrick stein
12-01-2010, 8:19 PM
steve,
I think its great gift to us all.

thank you
patrick

James Combs
12-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Looks great, the shape reminds me of those lighted reindeer you sometimes see in folks front yards. I see legs antlers torso etc.

Christopher K. Hartley
12-02-2010, 7:31 AM
Reminds me of "Christmas Vacation" 1989 with Chevy Chase. We'll change the Griswold family to the Schlumpf family and make this event an annual happening. Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all. Great Job Steve.:D