PDA

View Full Version : Customer Agreements

Ruhi Arslan
11-30-2010, 10:25 PM
How many of you read the back of your claim ticket when you park your car at a garage or buy a movie ticket to see what the terms and conditions are?

I've been having problems with my Verizon FIOS DVR receiver lately. It reboots itself every few minutes. I normally do not watch "live" TV so therefore recording is a necessity if I care to watch anything (but of course Tommy too to skip it quickly over). I have received three replacements so far all either came damaged or an older model with lesser futures. When I tried to sort it out, they manged to change my services, jacking up my monthly fee for another $30/month. I had enough of that BS and started shopping again. Out of curiosity, I downloaded the Customer Agreement papers from DishNetwork. In pages 20 and 25, I found following paragraphs which I thought quite revealing how powerless we are as consumers. Of course we can choose not to have their services. I am not going to compare others but I am certain that this is standard across the board...

Changes in Services Offered. We may add, delete, rearrange and/or change any and all programming, programming packages and other Services that we offer, as well as the prices and fees related to such programming, programming packages and Services, at any time, including without limitation, during any term commitment period to which you have agreed. If a change affects you, we will notify you of such change and its effective date. In the event that we delete, rearrange or change any programming, programming packages or other Services, we have no obligation to replace or supplement such programming, programming packages or other Services. You are not entitled to any refund because of a deletion, rearrangement or change of any programming, programming packages or other Services.

Cancellation Policies. You may cancel your Services for any reason at any time by notifying
us at the phone number, e-mail address or mailing address set forth at the top of this Agreement. Please be aware that certain promotions have an optional or mandatory term commitment period and if you cancel your Services prior to the expiration of an applicable optional or mandatory term commitment period, certain early termination or cancellation fees may apply.

NO WARRANTIES. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED TO THE CONTRARY BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW, NEITHER WE NOR OUR THIRD-PARTY BILLING AGENTS, NOR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR AFFILIATES, MAKE ANY WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING YOUR DISH NETWORK EQUIPMENT OR ANY OTHER EQUIPMENT OR ANY SERVICES FURNISHED TO YOU.

NEITHER WE NOR OUR THIRD-PARTY BILLING AGENTS NOR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR AFFILIATES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF RECORDED MATERIAL OR THE PREVENTION OF RECORDING, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOSS OR PREVENTION OF RECORDING DUE TO ANY FAULT, FAILURE, DEFICIENCY OR DEFECT IN SERVICES OR EQUIPMENT.

Matt Meiser
12-01-2010, 7:54 AM
Any service (cell, internet, DirecTV) with a subscription I receive they basically reserve the right to change terminate the contract at any time should they choose. But if I want to leave/change there some kind of fee.

When Sprint changed the contract on our broadband card from unlimited use to 5GB/mo it was a footnote on the bill and gave us 30 days notice to get out of the contract--if we didn't we were agreeing to the new terms.