PDA

View Full Version : Keeping track of your wares

Mark Levitski
11-30-2010, 8:18 PM
I am a turner, and after seeing all the turnings here I wonder how those of you selling to galleries and shops are keeping track of inventory. What software do you use besides generating your own spreadsheets. Have you purchased a software package, and is it working out? Thanks.

Brian Libby
11-30-2010, 8:48 PM
I believe Quick Books will do this.I have been using it for finances only but I just checked and there are areas to create inventory tracking.

Jeff Nicol
11-30-2010, 9:13 PM
I mark every piece with a number if not a miniture. I write down the #'s of each piece and price and when an item sells the gallery marks it off and when I add more they are added to the list. I take pictures of everything and have them on a disc and on the computer. Both of the shops that sell my turnings send me a list of things that sold on the check stub so I can always go back and see what was sold when. It is pretty easy unless you plan on selling hundreds of things a month or more. The most I ever sold in one month was 22 items and most of them were ornaments and miniatures.

Good luck,

Jeff