PDA

View Full Version : Another birdhouse ornament

Russell Eaton
11-30-2010, 6:52 PM
I prepped a couple of these and finished the first one tonight. The woods are cocobolo, cherry, and mahogany. It is finished with friction polish and the top has some Huts as well. I didn't get the finial as even as I wanted, but this was my first try with anything this thin. Thanks Russell

Christopher K. Hartley
11-30-2010, 7:03 PM
Russell, very creative birdhouse. But be honest did you turn the bird too?:p I really like the wood use and form.:)

Bernie Weishapl
11-30-2010, 7:08 PM
Russell birdhouse look great. Really like the finial.

Mark Hubl
11-30-2010, 7:18 PM
Very nice. I like the mix of woods.

Russell Eaton
11-30-2010, 8:34 PM
Russell, very creative birdhouse. But be honest did you turn the bird too?:p I really like the wood use and form.:)Ok Christopher you caught me. I turned some cash into the bird... LOL

Michael James
11-30-2010, 8:47 PM
Those look like fun to make and I know a couple of people that would love them. Nice job for a first on the finial thingy. I think 3 differnent woods works fairly well in this context. Keep em coming!

Christopher K. Hartley
11-30-2010, 8:56 PM
Ok Christopher you caught me. I turned some cash into the bird... LOLI'll tell ya, ya half to watch these characters like a hawk...You never know what they'll try to pull.:D

Steve Schlumpf
12-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Nice design - but watch out - these things are habit forming!

Have fun!

Paul Douglass
12-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Those are very nice. I like them. I've been making some lately. They are fun to make, good practice and don't take big pieces of expensive wood. And, my wife likes them. She came home with a stand to hang them on the other day,looks like it will hold a bunch.

Tim Thiebaut
12-01-2010, 6:46 PM
I love these bird houses I have seen on here, they are very nice! I am not great a wood identification, is the mahogany the finial? Or is that the cocobolo?

Lupe Duncan
12-01-2010, 7:35 PM
Nice Work Russell, got to try me some bird houses.

Russell Eaton
12-02-2010, 1:02 PM
I love these bird houses I have seen on here, they are very nice! I am not great a wood identification, is the mahogany the finial? Or is that the cocobolo?Tim the body is cocobolo, and the finial is mahogany.