PDA

View Full Version : Pāua Abalone ballpoint

Joe Aliperti
11-30-2010, 4:06 PM
Luther Bryant made this beautiful blank from Pāua Abalone strips cast in resin. I paired it with a Sienna ballpoint from CSUSA in black titanium plating.

Thanks for looking!

- Joe

http://www.silverlakewoodworks.com/images/pens/paua_abalone_sienna5.JPG

http://www.silverlakewoodworks.com/images/pens/paua_abalone_sienna7.JPG

Doug W Swanson
11-30-2010, 4:29 PM
Beautiful pen! Of course we expect nothing less from you!

Mark Hubl
11-30-2010, 4:34 PM
Sweet pen. Did you cast it? When I first looked I thought it was a staved barrel. Very cool.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-30-2010, 5:40 PM
Joe,

Nice marriage on the materials and great craftmanship! Well done Sir!

John Keeton
11-30-2010, 6:35 PM
Ahhhhhh.....!!!! Another Aliperti pen! I have no urge to do pens, but everytime I see one of your beautiful photo setups, and the beautiful stuff you do, there is this little, tiny, almost nondescript feeling I get.....hmmmmm..

Ken Fitzgerald
11-30-2010, 6:51 PM
It's only money John.......

Christopher K. Hartley
11-30-2010, 6:54 PM
It's only money John.......Good point Ken, after all this is the Abyss!!:eek:

Joe, congrats to both of you on a great combo work.:)

Steve Schlumpf
11-30-2010, 6:57 PM
That is cool! I can just imagine rotating that under a light source! Very nice work Joe! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next!

Bernie Weishapl
11-30-2010, 7:16 PM
Joe what a beautiful pen.

Robert McGowen
11-30-2010, 7:20 PM
You set the bar pretty high with your pens, Joe. Nice job!

Tim Rinehart
11-30-2010, 7:59 PM
There is no end to the diversity of what you'll think up next, I think. I am curious...do you sell most of these great creations, or are you a serious pen-collector and can't let go of these creations you've done! At least it takes up less space than the bowls/HF/platters we have around the house!:eek:

Superb job Joe!

Roger Chandler
11-30-2010, 8:18 PM
Wow, that is really pretty! Superb craftsmanship!

Joe Aliperti
12-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the nice comments!

Sweet pen. Did you cast it? When I first looked I thought it was a staved barrel. Very cool.

Luther Bryant did the casting. I just turned, polished, and assembled the pen.

Ahhhhhh.....!!!! Another Aliperti pen! I have no urge to do pens, but everytime I see one of your beautiful photo setups, and the beautiful stuff you do, there is this little, tiny, almost nondescript feeling I get.....hmmmmm..

John.... the pen vortex is calling you! Great use for all those small scraps you have around the shop! ;)

There is no end to the diversity of what you'll think up next, I think. I am curious...do you sell most of these great creations, or are you a serious pen-collector and can't let go of these creations you've done! At least it takes up less space than the bowls/HF/platters we have around the house!:eek:

Superb job Joe!

Thanks. I do sell my pens through my website and in local galleries.