PDA

View Full Version : Universal Laser Customer Service

Mike Lassiter
11-29-2010, 10:00 PM
I ran my laser and embroidery machine with a laptop computer until a few weeks back when the hard drive started squealing when I turned the laptop on. Needless to say the computer died, it couldn't boot.

I had to buy another one, which came with Window 7 were I have been Windows XP till now. I have the 1-Touch Photo Software installed on the computer in my house and the laptop in the shop and share files between them on a HP home server. The desktop connected by Ethernet while the laptop was wirelessly connected. To save lots of typing I finally got things back working after updating the embroidery software for $1200 as the older version I had wouldn't work with Windows 7.

Now I have installed the laser software and 1-Touch Photo software onto the new computer ( I shared some interesting findings with you all here, but see very few have read that). I already had my two install licenses used on the two computers, and now installing 1-Touch Photo I find I need to activate the license - but both are already used.

I set an email to ULS at 12:03 AM last night and got a response this morning at 5:59 AM. I know many here swear by Epilog for their customer service, and I just wanted to point out that Universal Laser also has superb customer service. There were some issues in the beginning but they did everything anyone could ask trying to resolve them (and did so).

So to all considering a laser, consider what is probably most important AFTER you have spent your money. Service after the purchase. Universal has provided first rate service every time I have contacted then. New drivers sent via. email promptly. Questions answered or acknowledged very quickly. I have no regrets that we chose to buy their largest ILS machine with a 24" X 48" table and pass thru module.

Barry Clark
11-29-2010, 10:40 PM
I can't say how many time those folks bailed me out ;) Great service for certain.

Scott Shepherd
11-30-2010, 8:28 AM
Mike, I agree with you. I think service can be wiped out as a factor in selecting a laser. Wiped out as far as you'll not get better service from one than the other. If you have a machine down, you'll get the part the next day from all of the major manufacturers. If all 3 sent the parts the next day, then to me, that's no longer a deciding factor in my selection process.

A better factor would be to see how many times people had to call for service. If one brand has more calls for service than the others, then I'd use that to start eliminating them as a supplier. I don't want a laser that has great support, I want a laser that doesn't require any support (ideally).

I've had nothing but good experiences with ULS. There was a rocky part in there a couple years back when they started going through a transition in their company model, I suspect, but overall, I've seen unwanted behaviors in new drivers released, submitted documentation and proof of the issue, and in the next release, the issues were resolved.

Can't ask for much more than that.