PDA

View Full Version : Font Help

matt heinzel
11-29-2010, 4:11 PM
I ran this image through both, Imagaro Z, and What the Font. I can not figure out either of the fonts used in making the logo. Of course the customer doesn't know either. I can recreate it from scratch, but it would be nicer to just re-type it. Anyone have a good idea on it?

THANKS!

Chuck Stone
11-29-2010, 6:39 PM
I feel like I failed! I know I've seen the font a zillion times.
(ok, I exaggerated.. maybe only a bajillion times)

The bottom text is pretty close to Anna, Avenida, Renard Moderne, Hamburger
Sandwitch, Suave Sam. Operator Nine, Haute Couture, Huxley, Tinseltown,
Sidewalk Cafe, Newport Land, Newport Classic.. but none of them seem
to be an exact match. But after looking for a while, I couldn't see what I
was looking at anymore. But these would get you in the ballpark, each one
having something in common with yours, but not quite the one you want.

I know I've seen the font before and had it somewhere. I'm not sure which
computer it was on so if I don't find it here I'll check in the shop.

Richard Rumancik
11-29-2010, 7:08 PM
If you can get anywhere near close to a font it can be fairly easy to just use it as a starting point for creating a match. (Just take the new text, convert to curves, then drag nodes to match the old logo text exactly.) Since logos don't have a lot of text it can be more productive to just vector trace it than spending a lot of time looking for the exact match. Especially if you find that you have to purchase the font.

matt heinzel
11-30-2010, 8:05 AM
Thanks for the info and a good starting point. I recreate a lot of logos here, but sometimes I just want a break from curves and nodes. I will let you know if I find the font.

Ron Thompson
11-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Matt,

I just updated my version of Imagaro to Imagaro Professional Z last week. I ran your samle through the program without much luck, so I contacted Imagaro support. Here's the reply.

Hi Ron,
The "Shear" is virtually impossible to identify because the letters are connected, the base line is tilted and probably the letters have also been skewed to compensate. The only thing we can say is that the "S" resembles an S in "Vladimir Script".
The other font is easier. The trick with this one is that it is set in a Small-Caps font (You can guess this by looking at the "Styles" text). We identified it by selecting the word "service" and activating the FontEye tool. We then entered "service" in lower case letters and the program then identified it as "Avenida Plain".
Best regards,
Imagaro
Customer support

Hope this helps ..... Ron Thompson
San Jose, CA

matt heinzel
11-30-2010, 1:22 PM
Hey thanks! I'm surprised that they were so helpful on it. I appreciate all the help.