PDA

View Full Version : Source for Mujingfang Planes

Tim Put
11-29-2010, 1:13 AM
I was about to order some Mujingfang planes for christmas from an eBay store that sold them, but the store seems to a have disappeared. :confused:

Anyone know of a Mujingfang dealer in north america other than Japan Woodworker and Lee Valley (neither has the selection I want)?

Jon Toebbe
11-29-2010, 1:23 AM
Wow, no kidding! I just checked... not one listing for any Mujingfang items up at present. I bought a set of three bench planes from the seller you're likely talking about and have really enjoyed them. I'd check again in a couple of days -- it may just be a temporary thing for him.

As far as N. American sources, I think you've already found them.

Brian Kent
11-29-2010, 1:37 AM
Tim, what planes are you looking for?

Did you try Zen Toolworks through Amazon?

David Weaver
11-29-2010, 7:32 AM
I was about to order some Mujingfang planes for christmas from an eBay store that sold them, but the store seems to a have disappeared. :confused:

Anyone know of a Mujingfang dealer in north america other than Japan Woodworker and Lee Valley (neither has the selection I want)?

Woodline used to carry them, but they apparently don't carry that many now.

You're better off not ordering from that guy who had the store on ebay. He ripped me off to the tune of $100, and apparently several other people. it looks like he decided to fill some orders correctly, and just ignored others (he intentionally sent me the wrong (much cheaper than I ordered and too small to be useful) planes and claimed twice he'd sent the right ones (it takes him a month to ship sometimes, plus ground time from china) and I was too naive to file a dispute ahead of receiving them, giving him the benefit of the doubt. Once the disputable period was over, he only answered one email and it was basically "yeah, I knew they were the wrong planes when I shipped them, I dont' feel like correcting it, I'm busy".

tico vogt
11-29-2010, 8:09 AM
At the WIA event in October Ron Brown was selling them.

David Weaver
11-29-2010, 8:18 AM
At the WIA event in October Ron Brown was selling them.

Somewhere here there's a political joke :eek: Since it's (political joking) banned, I won't touch it :)

Orlando Gonzalez
11-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Try Lee Valley (Planes - Wooden Planes - Hong Kong Style) and The Japan Woodworker (Woodworking Tools - Planes - Rosewood & Ebony Planes). I bought mine from The JWW.

BTW, I have 3 (4" - 6" - 9") of the 60* angle ones that I have used once or twice at the most that I would be willing to sell. I'm just reducing my coll .... eh, inventory. :D

Drop me an email at obgonzalez1@gmail.com if you are interested.