PDA

View Full Version : Let the gloat(s) continue....

Michael James
11-28-2010, 9:42 PM
My steady rest arrived from Mr. Jeff Nicol earlier in the week and is quite the accessory! Every thing is to spec for the Delta and the tolerances are perfect...no play at all. This should help me save a piece here and there as well as help me get cleaner cuts towards the finish line.
I've been planning this since last spring and very happy to have it all materialize for the holidays.
Also, note the wood on the lathe. Giant box elder blank....:eek: and some miscellaneous maple, and some stever maple whatever that is, a piece of walnut and oak.
Jeff, you are the man! Thank you very much!!!

side note: Replaced the garage doors last winter to insulated ones, and just recovered the attic insulation, adding 9 inches of R30. It was 30 something with a howling wind and I had one little space heater by the lathe.....almost too warm. Winter.... bring it on!:cool:

Ken Hill
11-28-2010, 9:45 PM
Nice!

My rest from Jeff is ordered as well, I believe in keeping it in the family as it were:D

Bernie Weishapl
11-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Congrats on the wood and steady. I have mine from Jeff and it is second to none. Really a classy piece IMHO.

Jon Prouty
11-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Awesome... I saw your post so I had to PM Jeff for a quote. I see Jeff is the man for steady rests... hope he isn't overloaded with orders.

My Delta 46-460 order gets placed tomorrow - I am just hoping for a Cyber Monday sale but cannot hold out any longer.

Have you gotten a monster hollowing rig on order as well? I have an email into them as well for a bit of clarification. I have a feeling tomorrow will put the ol' debit card to work.

Happy turning.

Jon

Steve Schlumpf
11-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Michael - congrats on your new Nichol Steady Rest! Wow - color matched also! Enjoy!

Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of all that wood!

Jeff Nicol
11-28-2010, 11:09 PM
My steady rest arrived from Mr. Jeff Nicol earlier in the week and is quite the accessory! Every thing is to spec for the Delta and the tolerances are perfect...no play at all. This should help me save a piece here and there as well as help me get cleaner cuts towards the finish line.
I've been planning this since last spring and very happy to have it all materialize for the holidays.
Also, note the wood on the lathe. Giant box elder blank....:eek: and some miscellaneous maple, and some stever maple whatever that is, a piece of walnut and oak.
Jeff, you are the man! Thank you very much!!!

side note: Replaced the garage doors last winter to insulated ones, and just recovered the attic insulation, adding 9 inches of R30. It was 30 something with a howling wind and I had one little space heater by the lathe.....almost too warm. Winter.... bring it on!:cool:
MJ, I should have been a doctor as it was supposed to say "Silver Maple", the older I get the sloppier I write!

Jeff

Michael James
11-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Awesome... I saw your post so I had to PM Jeff for a quote. I see Jeff is the man for steady rests... hope he isn't overloaded with orders.

My Delta 46-460 order gets placed tomorrow - I am just hoping for a Cyber Monday sale but cannot hold out any longer.

Have you gotten a monster hollowing rig on order as well? I have an email into them as well for a bit of clarification. I have a feeling tomorrow will put the ol' debit card to work.

Happy turning.

Jon
Jon, I had the mini monster while I was waiting for the Delta to go on sale or Christmas time - whichever came first. Randy will take good care of you.
If there are no sales available, you can at least find it free shipping!
Best of luck.
mj

David E Keller
11-28-2010, 11:20 PM
MJ, I should have been a doctor as it was supposed to say "Silver Maple", the older I get the sloppier I write!

Jeff

Hey! I resemble that statement!:D

John Keeton
11-29-2010, 8:03 AM
Congrats!! I, too, have a Nicol steady, but alas! - mine has HF green paint!!!:eek: Jeff made it for me when I had my HF 34706. Looks a little out of place on my Delta, and someday, I will "purty it up" with some matching paint!!!

Looking forward to seeing what you turn with that "stever maple!":D Don't know how you can expect a guy to be a master fabricator, suberb turner, fantastic bowhunter, and an all round good guy - and, be able to write legibly at the same time!:confused: