PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the new Bosch js470e jigsaw?

Louis Brandt
11-28-2010, 7:46 PM
Hello,

I've been considering buying the Bosch 1590 jigsaw for some time, and now I see that there's a new model from Bosch, the js470e. It's a very similar looking unit to the 1590.

What concerns me is that I've heard that the 1590 has a special design that keeps the blade from wandering (some sort of side bracing, etc.). I know that I'm probably not describing this correctly, but it's something along the line that keeps the blade straight and true. I'm just trying to find out from anyone who's used the new js470e whether it has the same design. I really want whichever one has the best design for keeping the blade true and straight, and I don't want to buy the new one unless it boasts the same ability.

So have any of you used the new one, and if so, do you know whether the new one has the same design as far as blade tracking?

Thanks,
Louis

Larry Halberstadt
11-28-2010, 8:53 PM
Based on what I can see, the 1591 is still their top of the line with the additional side blade support. The 470s don't appear to have this feature, but are less expensive.

Louis Brandt
11-28-2010, 9:12 PM
Based on what I can see, the 1591 is still their top of the line with the additional side blade support. The 470s don't appear to have this feature, but are less expensive.

You may know more about this than I do, but I was just as Home Depot, and they are selling the 470s at the same price as the 1591. In fact, they are using the same SKU number for both models. I spoke to a salesperson there, and I asked him if he had any more of the 1591 models (he only had the one on display). He checked and could find no more of them, but he held up one of the 470s and said that it had the same SKU number of the 1591 and was selling at the same price. I was sort of hoping that since they had no more of the 1591 available, that they'd put it on clearance.

Louis