PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid Jointer for $288 at Home Depot

Aaron Kitchell
11-28-2010, 12:37 AM
Hi All,

I wanted to post this to the deals and discounts section but I'm not a paying member YET. The Ridgid jointer that is normally $429 at home depot is being cleared out for the incoming model. The price is now $288. The reviews on this jointer have been really good, so if you don't want to drop a small fortune, you can get a decent jointer for a good price.

Kevin W Johnson
11-28-2010, 2:56 AM
Hope its better than the bandsaw they clearanced recently. What a joke that thing was, it had more vibration than a jackhammer..... if only i'd seen the reviews online first....appearantly it was an ongoing problem for a while that was never fixed.

JohnT Fitzgerald
11-28-2010, 7:31 AM
Thanks Aaron. There have been a lot of posts on this jointer @ clearance prices. I'm more curious about your comment about an 'incoming model'....do you have any information on it?

Steve Peterson
11-28-2010, 1:46 PM
That model seems to have been discounted many times in the last year or two. $288 is a good price. I have one and like it a lot, although I sometimes wish I had an 8".

Is a new model coming soon? Nobody seems to know. The JP0610 model is made in Taiwan. If a new one is coming, I suspect it will be made in China with a much looser spec.

Steve

Steven Hsieh
11-28-2010, 2:25 PM
Where are you guys located, how come the West coast area doesn't have them on sale?

John Nesmith
11-28-2010, 3:22 PM
I have been using that jointer for 4 years. I have never had a single problem or complaint. If you can live with a 6 incher, that is a great deal. I bought mine for around $250 with discounts and rebates when it was $399 at full price.

Don Selke
11-28-2010, 3:35 PM
Here in Arizona, I have not seen a Rigid stationary machine in many months at Home Depot. I think that they no longer carry stationary machinery. I have asked but never receive a answer from management. I do not have any Ridgid stationary tools but was just curious on what happened to them. I think they replaced them with more washer and dryers.

Aaron Kitchell
11-28-2010, 8:13 PM
Where are you guys located, how come the West coast area doesn't have them on sale?

I'm located in Portland OR so I would assume other west coast locations have them assuming they are still available.

Aaron Kitchell
11-28-2010, 8:14 PM
Hope its better than the bandsaw they clearanced recently. What a joke that thing was, it had more vibration than a jackhammer..... if only i'd seen the reviews online first....appearantly it was an ongoing problem for a while that was never fixed.

Were you at least able to return the bandsaw?

John McClanahan
11-28-2010, 10:49 PM
Our local Home Depot has stopped selling stationary power tools in the store, too.

John

Rick Davidson
11-28-2010, 11:05 PM
I live in Salem, Oregon and picked one up about a month ago for $288 minus 10% military discount = $259.20 out the door. I have used it a few times and am very pleased with it so far. FYI if anyone is in this area I know that the HD on Cherry AVE. in Salem has at least 1 left.

Steven Hsieh
11-29-2010, 12:25 AM
I'm located in Portland OR so I would assume other west coast locations have them assuming they are still available.

I'm located in Los Angeles, so far there're no sale. I heard that the low volume stores (San Francisco area) had a sale.

Ryan Dyer
11-29-2010, 1:47 PM
I have called a bunch of HD here in phoenix and cant find one. If anyone knows where one is available in the phoenix area (or flag or prescott) please let me know. I would like to buy one.

Brandon Weiss
11-29-2010, 2:43 PM
I have called a bunch of HD here in phoenix and cant find one. If anyone knows where one is available in the phoenix area (or flag or prescott) please let me know. I would like to buy one.

I've been in every HD that I can think of in the East Valley Phx area. The only evidence I've ever seen of a jointer was the clearance sticker and the empty space where the display was the week before. Clearance sticker for the display model was $100. I was pretty upset I missed that deal. I found mine on CL. Those pop up around here every month or so.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/tls/2080370249.html

Here is a link to one that was listed recently. If it's still available, that's a heck of a deal.

Ryan Dyer
11-29-2010, 2:52 PM
I called on that one last night :)

Its liquidators selling it and really couldnt tell me much about it. Im assuming it was used commercially.

Im way up on the northwest side of town, so its an hour drive one way, so not sure i want to risk getting down there and it not work or be real beat up or something.

Brandon Weiss
11-29-2010, 3:14 PM
I called on that one last night :)

Its liquidators selling it and really couldnt tell me much about it. Im assuming it was used commercially.

Im way up on the northwest side of town, so its an hour drive one way, so not sure i want to risk getting down there and it not work or be real beat up or something.

If it was used commercially I'd use that as a reason to take them down a bit. Might be able to get it down to $150 or less. You could expect a blade change too. If it's just a liquidation company selling personal items though it might still be in excellent condition. As long as it fires up normally and the tables and fence are free of major damage it should be fine. I think the longest drive I took was to Tucson to get my table saw. Was worth the trip though. If you decide to go down, take a board and see if they'll let you run it through.