PDA

View Full Version : New project I did today

Peter Odell
11-27-2010, 9:27 PM
http://www.brtoolcompany.com/_DSC1629.JPG

Terry Swift
11-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Peter,

Looks good with a few finishing touches. Maybe a little less speed / more power to cut all the way thru the wood cleanly; but nothing a bit of sandpaper or dremel couldn't do.

Is this one of LaserBuzz's Designs?

Peter Odell
11-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Yes it is Terry. I only had my laser for a week and been playing with it to find out the settings for everything. I am having a lot of fun with it.

paul mott
11-28-2010, 6:45 AM
Looks like you are definitely having a lot of fun with your new laser.

Good for you, Peter.

Paul.

Mike Berndt
11-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Very nice looking project!! Do you have the file for that beauty that you would be willing to share??

Peter Odell
11-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Mike I can't it is a Laserbuzz software and I can't share it

Leigh Costello
11-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Good job, Peter. I make and sell the Laserbuzz kits. Such great fun to see the end result. Enjoy your new venture.

Mike Berndt
11-28-2010, 1:05 PM
How much do they cost and where can I purchase one?

Leigh Costello
11-28-2010, 1:15 PM
I pm'd you.

Mike Null
11-29-2010, 6:36 AM
Tom Bernard of Lazerbuzz is a Friend of the Creek. His site is http://www.laserbuzzstore.com/

Terry Swift
11-29-2010, 9:05 AM
Peter,

Welcome to the "BEST" site I think for Engraving - while, yes there are others that are noteworthy as well.

For all that do "a lot" of LaserBuzz things - do they sell well and if so - what are the main sellers. I have a bunch of Tom's designs and people like them; but don't seem willing to part with the cash - if you know what I mean. I'm not asking anything above Tom's SRP; so I'm not gouging. There is another local guy who has re-engineered the LaseBuzz look for the wall plaques mainly and created even some of his own for sports teams, etc. - which are very cool looking; but he asks $40 for all of his 12" wall plaques. He sells them too. We are usually at the same Craft Fairs and he sells his (even at $40), while I'm not. I have the Military & Org, Sports & Hobbies, & Special Pak in both 3D and 1D. When you spend a lot of time and money on these and they just sit on your table - I may need some better ideas to get them moving. I use the picture holders on quite a few to get them off the table; but even that doesn't seem to help. Discouraging when the other guy is selling and for more - but you're not.

Any ideas very grateful. PM me if you think out of forum context.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused:

Mike Null
11-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Terry

why don't you contact Tom directly and see if he has some suggestions for you.

Terry Swift
11-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Mike,

I ask Tom for ideas, etc. when really needed; but he is a busy guy and always helpful. He has posted some PDF's on marketing on LaserBuzz; which I have only perused quickly. Need to download them and read over when I have time. Of course, I may spend more time doing it my way versus a tried and true one that will save me time. Is that an Epiphany or whatever that word is?
:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Larry Folk
11-29-2010, 2:20 PM
Terry,

I have been working with some of Buzz's designs also but I have been modifing them somewhat. In the pictures in my current mall show thread you can see the rope border that I added around the outside. This is rastered which takes longer to do but I think it gives a better finished look.
I have also started to prestain both sides of the wood before cutting out the toys. This gets rid of the wood burn marks and I think that it gives things a better finished look.
This weekend we are doing a craft show in a local enclosed regional mall and I hope these sell well and we can take many orders for the tributes, photo frames and photo plaques.
I have also put together a tri-fold flyer to pass out to hopefully get future business.

Terry Swift
11-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Larry,

I haven't done any of the toys. I did try the skeleton; but the fit was not quite right when I went to do it and so haven't done much else. I do have the gun one that may interest my cop friends.

I'm not sure what you're talking about the mall in your post - are you talking ni the Friends of the Creek.

I've showed a bunch of the Buzz plaques - all 3 of them and with clocks; but no real interest in them from my point of view. As stated, another guy does them a bit different than Buzz's and sells them for $40 versus the $30 Tom mentions and he sells his better than I do.

Craft Fairs have totally sucked for me. Done three so far and didn't even come close to making up the booth rental fee. For a couple of them, I was in the Back 40 of the Back 40 - sandwiched in between some jewelry and a lady who took vinyl albums and made different kinds of articles like notebook covers, handbags, etc. out of them. It was like the just passed me by when they saw her stuff.

Let me know what you think can work, as I'm struggling to keep my head above water in this and not sure what works and what doesn't. I hear a lot of people who have been in the biz for years saying "I" should be earning $60 an hour on my laser. Ain't no way here in my area or I'm missing the real deal. People want you to pay full asking price; but when it comes to them paying full - no way.

Tom Buzz Bernard
11-30-2010, 10:02 AM
You say the Skeleton did not go together well for you? The shoulder “Clavicle” bone is tight, (designed that way) has anyone else had a problem. We have 1000’s downloaded.:confused:

LaserBuzz has tried to help many become successful or at least pay off their laser investment in a short time. Why does one become successful and another struggle - Hmmmm:rolleyes:. Each has similar lasers, software, etc. I did write an article about this - see my Newsletter archives “May 2010” called blind enthusiasm.

We have several customers making over 6 figures a year, some of them live in very rural parts of the country, a few live in depressed areas, some are from your home state and most have had to be creative along the way. How the heck can they still make money in this economy? Some will share but most don’t have time or it's not in their best interest.

Knowledge is power - reading or listening to ideas will help one succeed. I highly recommend attending seminars at the next ARA event or NBM show. My 10 part series on success tactics may give you some ideas. I believe it is a must read before buying a laser.

This is the perfect business climate to succeed with your laser – last month’s newsletter covers some of that. Here is a small insert;

The market and economy is great for your business right now! Retailers can no longer buy container loads of generic products from China. Buyers want more personalized meaningful gifts for their loved ones. You have the ability to make so many products that can bring “Tears of Joy” or “Smiles of Laughter” Please make sure to read this month’s topic. I so want to see you succeed!:)