PDA

View Full Version : True Artist Engraving

Scott Shepherd
11-27-2010, 9:30 AM
Saw this video while watching Michael's little clock video.

It's a wonderful piece on an artist that hand engraves. Simple stunning work and a real pleasure to watch.

This is where our craft started, so I thought it would be a good clip for people to watch (no pun intended, as she works on watches).

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiyS9Ws2BkA&feature=related

Dee Gallo
11-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Thanks, Steve, that was really fascinating to watch.

cheers, dee

Darryl Jacobs
11-27-2010, 2:28 PM
Thanks for sharing. That was really great. I truely look up to those types of craftsmen and women. The attention to detail and accuracy is extremely impressive!

Darryl

Gary Hair
11-27-2010, 3:03 PM
Incredible, I am truly in awe of such craftsmanship. Being a person who can barely draw a passable stick figure, it always amazes me at the talent some people possess.

Gary

Peter Odell
11-27-2010, 9:32 PM
That was great I wish I could do that

stan kern
11-27-2010, 9:42 PM
makes you wonder why we buy machines,she has a talent and a steady hand,strangely enough i have used my hands over the past many years and now suffer a bit from all the modern aches of wrist abuse etc etc (carple tunnel) maybe she's still young because that type of work is close proximity and is hard on the hands and wrist over many years

Terry Swift
11-27-2010, 10:08 PM
There is a gal here in the Arlington area that does this on many materials; but think she mainly like glass. She does wine bottles, etc. from what I've heard.

Never seen her work though.

Bill Cunningham
11-27-2010, 11:13 PM
It's like watching a glass blower at the local fair pump out all kinds of trinkets.. It looks Sooooo easy.. Until you try..:D