PDA

View Full Version : relearning to walk

Charlie Reals
11-27-2010, 9:09 AM
I had a lesson in walking yesterday. Just as the first rains raise havoc with the oily roads, the first hard freeze can be a problem afoot:D:eek:' It's been in the teens for 3 days so we have ice.
For all of us who live in this stuff be careful. I went down hard and am happy to say I think the carharts cushioned the fall. Truly, my first thought was oh good no one saw me.
This morning is sore but bearable. The thought did occur to me how close I came to a major injury on my woodworking hand.
This morning I will put my feet down a lot different.
Charlie

Chris Kennedy
11-27-2010, 9:23 AM
I used to live in Michigan, and I sometimes miss the cold winter and the snow. I will never miss the ice, though. I snapped my arm my first winter. I'm glad to hear you're only sore and nothing more serious.

Cheers,

Chris

Pat Germain
11-27-2010, 9:41 AM
Glad to hear your woodworking hand is OK. Is your beer drinking hand also OK?

Charlie Reals
11-27-2010, 9:49 AM
Glad to hear your woodworking hand is OK. Is your beer drinking hand also OK?
Pat, it takes 2 for the work butt the beer is ambidextrous;) might just have to rest the back and go for Mexican food for lunch. hmmm spicy garlic shrimp and two bottles of Negro modelo followed by fried churros and vanilla ice cream and chocolate. See what happens when you ask about beer? :D

Pat Germain
11-27-2010, 9:52 AM
Now I'm in the mood for Mexican chow! I prefer mine with Dos Equis Amber.

And thanks for breaking my stereotyped impression that you'd be cooking back bacon on an outdoor stove while chugging Moosehead. :)

Charlie Reals
11-27-2010, 1:23 PM
Now I'm in the mood for Mexican chow! I prefer mine with Dos Equis Amber.

And thanks for breaking my stereotyped impression that you'd be cooking back bacon on an outdoor stove while chugging Moosehead. :)

Now that did make me spit coffee laughing, even in the day it was shot o jack with a bud back. The one thing I loved about back your way is you had high point beer.
Ca forever was 3.2. Once in awhile one of the kids will bring me a case of 6% Bud from ND. Good ssthuff.

Doesn't pay to stereotype, especialy with old poops:) the language has changed too much.;) I love anchor steam on tap, bottled loses a lot.

Bruce Page
11-27-2010, 2:20 PM
I always swore by my trusty Yaktrax when I worked in Kodiak, Alaska. Easy to put on & off, they saved my butt countless times.
Yaktrax Walker (http://www.yaktrax.com/walker)

Ken Fitzgerald
11-27-2010, 3:20 PM
Charlie, I prefer the chicken chimichanga, rice, beans with a couple of tall draft Dos Equis. I always liked Dos Equis but since they got it on draft.....I like it even more.

Charlie Reals
11-27-2010, 3:48 PM
Charlie, I prefer the chicken chimichanga, rice, beans with a couple of tall draft Dos Equis. I always liked Dos Equis but since they got it on draft.....I like it even more.

Ken, one of my old mans favorite haunts a few times a year was the Anchor steam brewery in Frisco. That was a time in our history when kids were allowed to go into a bar with the old man ( don't need to rip that apart as it was the times) and I was taught any beer worth drinking was better on draft. Even Root beer:D:D and the village inn had a keg for the kids.
I like dos equis but prefer a darker beer.

This is cruel and unusual punishment, Town is 9 miles, it is snowing 1 " an hour, the roads are full of weekend opener skiers and I don't have a designated driver. El Vaquero is in town :mad: and they wont deliver .
Bruce, I checked and the local ace has them I will check them out thanks.
Charlie