PDA

View Full Version : Rockler Black Friday Ad

John Karam
11-25-2010, 11:10 PM
I usually get the rockler ads in the mail but for some reason I didn't get the black friday ad that I'm fairly certain is floating around. Would anyone be so kind to give me a heads up as to what's on it? It would be much appreciated.

I'm particularly interested in if the kreg k4 pocket hole master kit has a special on it. But the other nice things would be good to know, maybe someone knows a link to a scanned ad? I've been looking but can't find it.

Thanks everyone!

Steven Hsieh
11-25-2010, 11:26 PM
http://www.rockler.com/promotion/Nov10/1.cfm

frank shic
11-26-2010, 1:05 AM
can someone explain to me how cable ties are used in woodworking???

John Karam
11-26-2010, 1:44 AM
Oh they get you with the knick-knacks....

Thanks for the quick response, doesn't seem like much on that ad but better than nothing.

John Fabre
11-26-2010, 3:52 AM
Oh they get you with the knick-knacks....

Thanks for the quick response, doesn't seem like much on that ad but better than nothing.

That 6 piece Sorby Turning set for $149.00 w/free shipping is a good deal. This set will go with the Jet mini and the G3 chuck deal that I just bought my boys.

http://www.rockler.com/promotion/Nov10/1.cfm (http://www.rockler.com/promotion/Nov10/1.cfm)
Thanks Steven and John for reminding me

Don Bullock
11-26-2010, 10:01 PM
That 6 piece Sorby Turning set for $149.00 w/free shipping is a good deal. ...

I thought that was a good deal too. Unfortunately SWMBO wouldn't spring the $$ needed for the lathe to go with them.:(

Peter Quinn
11-26-2010, 10:17 PM

Well, just today I put in a hose reel using cable ties to connect the feeder hose to a wire chase and then used the new reel to reach the spray room and do a little finishing. So maybe they fall under "shop accessories"?

Roger Jensen
11-26-2010, 10:26 PM
This was the link to the Black Friday ad that I received: http://www.rockler.com/logon/V1914land.html.

I have been waiting for the retractable extension cord to go on sale for several months, plus it has free shipping.

Roger

Bryan Morgan
11-26-2010, 10:29 PM

Same way you'd use clamps, rope/string, bungee cords or ratcheting tie downs... :)

frank shic
11-27-2010, 12:32 AM
hmmmm.... maybe i'll have to try those some time...

John Fabre
11-27-2010, 12:50 AM
I thought that was a good deal too. Unfortunately SWMBO wouldn't spring the $$ needed for the lathe to go with them.:(

Mine too, if I wanted another lathe, I had to sell something. Does anyone need a good used dishwasher, she cleans windows too.

David Cefai
11-27-2010, 7:02 AM

European regulation compliant tools cannot be locked "on".
So when using a router or circular saw mounted in a table a cable tie gets you over the problem created by a bureaucrat who has never used a tool in his life :D

frank shic
11-27-2010, 11:59 AM
rofl that's a good one!

Roger Jensen
11-27-2010, 12:42 PM
European regulation compliant tools cannot be locked "on".

I assume you're kidding, right? My Festool tools all lock on and I would imagine they are compliant with everything.

David Cefai
11-28-2010, 5:45 AM
No, not kidding. All the tools I have bought in the pat 24 months (since I restarted woodworking after a long stoppage due to back problems) cannot be locked on.

So for examle an electric planer I bought has a button where my old B&D had one. On the B&D it locked the tool on. On this one it is a safety interlock which you have to press before you can pull the trigger.

Brandon Weiss
11-28-2010, 7:19 AM
Rockler is a drive for me. Friday I made the trip just to pick up the digital snap depth gauge for ten bucks. I'm piece at a time going digital with my measurements. Wixey digital angle gauge was one of the best purchases I've ever made for the shop. Free shipping is usually when I buy the most at Rockler because of the long drive. They did have some good sales in there.

Andrew Howe
11-28-2010, 7:53 AM
I got one of the delta 50-760 dust collectors for 299 and a free 25 buck gift card.
I also used a 25 % off coupon for a router table frame.

Lewis Cobb
11-28-2010, 9:02 AM
Rockler is a drive for me. Friday I made the trip just to pick up the digital snap depth gauge for ten bucks. I'm piece at a time going digital with my measurements. Wixey digital angle gauge was one of the best purchases I've ever made for the shop. Free shipping is usually when I buy the most at Rockler because of the long drive. They did have some good sales in there.

Brandon -
Your post brought a smile to my face. I secretly thought that I was the only one that would spend a pile of time and money on gas to get some small but "much wanted" item....

Cheers,
Lewis