PDA

View Full Version : laguna TS slider attatchment

Eiji Fuller
11-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Anyone using one of these? They look much better than the exactor/Excalibur slides. The price looks good too at around 500. I've always wanted a slider but maybe this can get me by in the lean mean time.

C Scott McDonald
11-25-2010, 2:25 PM
The previous slider they sold was the same one that went on the TSS but modified to fit a cabinet saw. Havent seen this one in person so can't commit on it.

Have you looked at a Hammer with a short slider? They have some pretty good prices right now.

I have to admit have a short slider has been great for me.

Good luck,
Scott

Gary Curtis
11-25-2010, 3:33 PM
I know two people with that machine. Both are professional cabinet/woodworkers . And they love it. But you have to realize the limitations of such equipment because of the short 'stroke' of the slider.

You won't be breaking down full plywood sheets on the Laguna, or any other similar sized saw.

I had a wonderful General cabinet saw with their add-on slider. It would have been great, but the stroke limited usefulness to cross-cut operations. Such as the rails and stiles for doors.

Eiji Fuller
11-25-2010, 3:40 PM
I was looking at it for crosscutting only. It would be handy for straightlining shorts though.

Jim O'Dell
11-25-2010, 6:26 PM
Is this a slider accessory that attaches to a saw? Look at the Grizzly unit, probably the same item. Sounds like the same price too. If it looks like the same unit, there have been some threads on the Griz unit on several of the forums, including this one IIRC. Jim.