PDA

View Full Version : Twice as much to be Thankful for!

Joshua Dinerstein
11-25-2010, 11:58 AM
In the midst of my turning adventures I got married just over 2 years ago. Being 39 at the time my wife and I... hurried into having our first child. So just over 10 months after we got married we had our first daughter. Then it came time to try for #2. Well 2 days ago we had our ultra-sound to check over pregnancy #2.

The tech started working on things and found a little girl. My wife burst into tears. She wanted a second child but is convinced that I need a son. No clue why... all I ever wanted was healthy. :) The tech checked the size and heart and well tons of stuff. The LOML was still crying about having a second girl. Why? Because, as she said, now she would have to do this again to try for a boy.

The tech kept working on things in looking for organs or ??? something. And pause and kind of almost shouted, "Whoa! Hang on a minute!" In trying to get around on the baby girl she found a second head. Luckily she found a second body, heart, etc... She also discovered that it was a little boy. After announcing it in that dramatic way she asked, "Did you know you were having twins?"

The answer? Nope. Last time we went to the DRs he found a heartbeat and stopped. I mean why would you keep looking? :)

So in 2 1/2 years of marriage we have sold 2 homes and bought a third that is "our home". We have had a happy wonderful little girl who has turned into the Pink Ninja. And now we have at least twice as much to be grateful for on this Thanksgiving because we get the 3 total kids that we had wanted with only 2 pregnancies. And... one is a boy so now "I" can be done.

While not made out of wood, these children are without a doubt the best things I have ever "turned" out.

Please forgive me but I just had to share.

Joshua

Ken Hill
11-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Congrats! Double the fun!!:D

Roger Chandler
11-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Dinnerstein, we hope all goes well for all of you.

Reed Gray
11-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Well, it looks like you will have to surrender some turning time. Well worth it.

robo hippy

Pete Jordan
11-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Congrats! Doesn't get better than that!

Michael James
11-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Congrats to the family, completey understood!:D

Ken Fitzgerald
11-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Congrats Joshua!

Some things in life are important....most aren't.....this is!

I say that after just coming down stairs from playing with my twin 9 month old granddaughters visiting from Houston.

Jim Burr
11-25-2010, 12:41 PM
..and it's a great day for a story like that! I'm guessing that will fill up your house:D:D;)

Faust M. Ruggiero
11-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Wow,
Twins!! That's a way to have a big family in a hurry. Good for you and your bride. Best of luck for a smooth term and healthy babies. Let's see, does that mean three in diapers, three in strollers and three in college at once. My wife and I did that - without having twins. I think I used to be taller.
You'll love it.
faust

Russ Denz
11-25-2010, 1:25 PM
Congratulations, Joshua, to you and your wife. You do realize that the "twofer" means you'll get to make another bassinette, crib, high chair et.al. Now to do so and make them "equal"; that will be a trick!
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Russ

Thom Sturgill
11-25-2010, 1:38 PM
Congratulations. Twins run in my family, so I have an idea what's in store for you. Enjoy and be well.

Bernie Weishapl
11-25-2010, 2:41 PM
Congrats Joshua. That is priceless.

Alan Trout
11-25-2010, 3:17 PM
Congratulations, You will have your hands full. But it will be joyful that is for sure.

Alan

Dahl Troy Perry
11-25-2010, 4:09 PM
Congrats Joshua now you need to pamper your wife for the next 9 months she will need the pampering when the twins are born she won't have time for anything.

Michael E. Thompson
11-25-2010, 4:42 PM
CONGRATS!!!! My wife and I have twins (5 years old) and they have been a blessing. Enjoy it, its a lot of work with no sleep, but so much fun. The coolest thing I have seen is they have their own unspoken language, its a special connection.

Larry Stearns
11-25-2010, 4:52 PM
Congratulations, my wife and i had twin boys on Christmas eve 35 years ago. We had a two year old son at the time. It was an amazing experience. They grew up best of friends and biggest competitors and when they get to South Dakota from Portland OR, Fargo ND, and Brooklyn NY we have great times, great stories and a little beer. Enjoy!!

Ray Bell
11-25-2010, 5:50 PM
Wonderful story Joshua. Nothing more precious than your children.

John Keeton
11-25-2010, 5:56 PM
I'm buying stock in Pampers!!!!:D Congrats, Joshua, that is so neat! Great news, and I hope your wife was just as pleased - of course, it will be HER labor, you know!!;)

Scott Hackler
11-25-2010, 6:34 PM
Very awesome news! Congrats to you and your wife. Enjoy them while they are little. Before you know it you'll be looking eye to eye with your "babies" and wonder what happened to the time!

Marc Himes
11-25-2010, 6:49 PM
Wow Joshua you and your family are truly blessed. Your joy and gratitude resonate from your post.

Wishing you and yours health and peace. (Take the latter whenever you can).:):)

Christopher K. Hartley
11-25-2010, 7:32 PM
Joshua, congratulations to you and your wife. The two of you are truly blessed. I obviously don't need to remind you of the etymology of the name Joshua, your name. This blessing is much more than you can see now. "To whom much is given much is required." Keep your heart open.:)

George Guadiane
11-25-2010, 7:37 PM
Congratulations on every aspect of your life!
May your attitude and joy be contagious and sustain you and your family every day of the year.

Cathy Schaewe
11-25-2010, 7:48 PM
That is a wonderful story - I'm very happy for you!! You are fortunate ...:)

Matt Owen
11-25-2010, 10:58 PM
That is totally awesome! Congratulations!

Rich Aldrich
11-26-2010, 8:03 AM
Congrats to you and your wife. Life doesnt get any better.

Steve Schlumpf
11-26-2010, 10:06 AM
WOW! What excellent news! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to seeing the photos of the Happy Family!

Rob Cunningham
11-26-2010, 1:15 PM
Congratulations Joshua, that's exciting news.

Jeff Nicol
11-26-2010, 3:50 PM
Joshua, That is wonderful news for you and your wife and of course the "BIG" sister! My wife is a twin and that can be fun, but we never had kids together but with our combined family we have 4, 3 girls and a boy. They are all in their 20's and we have one grandchild and we got some news also but in the "Single" variety. Our son and his fiancee are going to have a baby so that will make Grandma very happy, but the new one will live in Idaho for a while as they are both in the Air Force so it will be harder to see them. But it might be a good excuse to go on a road trip to find western wood and visit at the same time!

Congratulations on your new additions and may God bless you with many many years of joy and prosperity,

Jeff

Paul McGaha
11-26-2010, 4:25 PM
Congratulations Joshua.

My wife and I have twins also. The last of our kids. They are 27 years old now. It is special.

PHM

Baxter Smith
11-26-2010, 10:12 PM
Congratulations Joshua! Three little ones will be a challenge but an experience like no other! My wife watches her nieces 2 year old twin boys during the day! They will wear you out!

Mike Willeson
11-27-2010, 9:46 PM
Congratulations Joshua! That is the best thing ever! We have 4 children. Our youngest is 11 and it is amazing watching them grow into people with their own unique personality. Enjoy!!!!!

Eric Franklin
11-28-2010, 6:57 AM
Congrats and enjoy the sleep you get right now. I did it in reverse. I have 4 year old boy & girl twins and a 20 month old girl. It's a lot of work but worth it.

Walter Hickman
11-28-2010, 8:31 AM
We have a set of 4 year old - went to birthday party yesterday - boy - girl twins - grand children. They are wonderful and a lot of fun.

On a vacation trip to Myrtle Beach last spring my wife saw a bumper sticker that said "Invest in wildlife - raise twins" - we had a good laugh and called our daughter.

Congratulations and enjoy.