PDA

View Full Version : Delta T2 Fence/Need An After market fence

richard poitras
11-25-2010, 11:19 AM
I have been looking for a used Biesemeyer saw fence for my 1947 uni-saw but have had not much luck in finding one. (If you have one to sell let me know) but in looking at options out on the market I came across the Delta T2 fence system. I was just wondering if anyone has one on their saw and if you liked it or basically your opion of the fence good / bad …. Does it deflect in the rear? Any help in finding a good price pointed after market fence for this saw would be helpful.

Thanks Richard

Cary Falk
11-25-2010, 11:38 AM
The T2 is a great fence. I had one on my contractor saw. I don't recall any deflection in the back. I suppose if you really leaned on it it would deflect. Under normal op[eration it is very solid. Tools-Plus has it for $150. I don't know if that is the cheapest though.

Chris Brault
11-25-2010, 12:20 PM
I've had real good luck with mine also. It deflects real little in the rear, and thats pushing right in on it, maybe .003 or .004? Not much, it was one of the best improvements i've done to my ts.

Jim O'Dell
11-25-2010, 6:34 PM
Lots of people like the Unifence also, some better than the Bies, though I'd have to play with one to believe it. It does have t-track built in for accessories that is nice. Might see if you can find one of them. Jim.

Gil Knowles
11-25-2010, 6:41 PM
I have the T2 fence on my Delta Hybrid saw and am very happy with it. It is a solid fence, no problems with it.

Gil

Josiah Bartlett
11-26-2010, 3:59 AM
Another good option for a Unisaw is the Shop Fox Classic fence, especially with the 7 foot rails. Its a bies clone and very solid. I've had one on my 1970's Unisaw for a couple of years and I like it. It's a good deal for $265 bucks, and comes with UHMW faces and a set of extension legs.

richard poitras
11-26-2010, 9:18 AM
Thanks for the input guys it sound like a good fence/deal. I know I can get into one for about $150.00 shipped to my house so I may just go that route.
Richard

Geoff Barry
11-26-2010, 12:40 PM
To follow up on what Josiah posted, last year I was in the same boat as you. I had planned on getting a T2, but couldn't find it for less that $150 plus shipping. However, I found the Shop Fox Classic on Amazon for around $200 with free shipping (the 30" version, not the 50"). The T2 is a fine low-end fence - it would have been much better than the craftsman align-a-rip I was replacing. But the Shop Fox is a true Biessemeyer clone - very heavy duty. AT $150 versus $265, the T2 represents the value choice. Drop the difference to $50 or so, and it's worth it to step up. I'd look around a bit to see if any similar deals are out there now before going with the T2 :)

richard poitras
11-27-2010, 7:40 AM
Geoff, defiantly something to look into…

tyler mckee
11-27-2010, 12:30 PM
i bought my t2 at lowes around a year ago, maybe more, anyways i think it was around 130 after tax. great fence at a great price, mines still cutting straight and square, dont think ive really had to adjust it since the first week i used it. if i push on the end it will deflect a little but it doesnt move under normal use. with that said if i had a nice old unisaw i think i would step up to something a little bigger.

richard poitras
11-29-2010, 8:38 PM
Geoff, I just found a new Shop Fox Classic fence from a dealer on line that I could get for $210.00 shipped to my house so I may just go that route. Thanks for the tip.

Richard

Andrew Nemeth
11-29-2010, 9:53 PM
Richard,

Does that price include rails? The 7' variety? If so, would you mind PMing me the supplier? I'm in the market for one as well.

Thanks,

Andrew

richard poitras
11-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Andrew, the web store is Bibb Tool and Cutter. As far as the size it is for the standard rails and fence not the longer 7ft’ers. But I was only looking for the shorter ones. Good luck.

Richard

Geoff Barry
11-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Glad to hear it - not that the T2 isn't a fine fence, but this is a much heavier beast. I put mine on an older craftsman contractor saw that I picked up at a garage sale for $100 and it has made a world of difference. I actually right shifted the rails, so I get about a 36" rip capacity.

Though it still strikes me as funny that I spent 2x on the fence than I originally did on the saw (and almost as much on a sawblade as I did the saw :) )