PDA

View Full Version : 3 Phase resaw!!!!!!

Chris Brault
11-25-2010, 8:55 AM
This is the sawmill I spent 10 years of my career with. You'd be surprised how much power this "carriage has". 3/8" sawkerf!!! Yes, hard to believe. 3/8" waste every cut we made in that old growth douglas fir. They don't run to much anymore, extremely hard to get the bigger fir logs for clears. I "offbeared" from this 440 volt beast!!!!! Look carefully, there is a horizontal saw there also. Each one on seperate motor, maximum size of cut 12X 16. Maximum log length 40 feet.

Eiji Fuller
11-25-2010, 11:11 AM
That's very cool, Chris, thanks for sharing!

Chris Brault
11-25-2010, 12:03 PM
your welcome! I know its not fine woodworking, but I thought maybe some of you guys would get a kick out of it! It's not something you see everyday.

Andrew Joiner
11-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Cool. Looks like the Lucas and Peterson swing mills on steroids.

I'd love to own a sawmill. First I have to find someone to bring logs to it, lift the logs, and maintain all the machinery(that part isn't fun for me). Then a place to store logs and more lumber than I'll ever use!

It makes no sense for me , but I want a sawmill.

For now I'm happy slicing up the biggest logs I can lift up to my 21" bandsaw.

Dan Hahr
11-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Did anyone else think that the chainsaw operator only had one hand? Maybe its my eyes, but I had to zoom in twice to see the thumbs up.

Dan

Eiji Fuller
11-25-2010, 11:18 PM
looks like they need a dust collector too. :D

Chip Lindley
11-26-2010, 1:01 AM
I'd love to own a sawmill. First I have to find someone to bring logs to it, lift the logs, and maintain all the machinery(that part isn't fun for me). Then a place to store logs and more lumber than I'll ever use!

Well...why can't you? Check out WoodMizer portable bandsaw mills. They are amazing! As Chris mentioned, that huge circular saw blade cut a 3/8" kerf. That is a huge waste in lumber going to sawdust! Woodmizer bandsaw mills have a very thin bandsaw kerf. It's true that you get five boards with a Woodmizer, for every four you get with a circular saw mill.

I have had quite a few logs sawed into lumber on a Woodmizer. The local sawyer's LT40 has hydraulic controls to level and hold the log and turn it. It made great lumber for cheap, as long as I did the offbearing.

Mike Shields
11-26-2010, 7:50 PM

That's one of the best things I ever heard.

Thanks for the laugh.

Chris Brault
11-26-2010, 11:29 PM
ya that is funny! What's funnier is it can be his if he wants it! It's for sale Around 500K I'm thinking,,,,,, everything goes,,,, and there is alot of iron around there!