PDA

View Full Version : A great start to winter

Charlie Reals
11-24-2010, 10:52 AM
We got 30" of snow at 4000ft, lights out for 3 days. Record snow for this time of year. 18 deg. and a frozen world this fine a m. happy Thanksgiving all

Pat Germain
11-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Wow. I guess your power is back on since you made this post.

I grew up in Southern California, but I'm aware that the northern part of the state gets some serious snow. Funny, most people don't think of California being a big snow state, but as I recall, Blue Valley typically gets more snow than anywhere else in the lower 48.

Stay safe and stay warm!

Charlie Reals
11-24-2010, 1:10 PM
Pat,I have not heard of blue valley, you might mean blue canyon. That is where the weather folks go to show snow. It is only 5000ft though and doesn't get all that much. It's just convenient ;)
We are pretty much lower snowline at 4000 butt five mile up the hill got almost 6 ft with bear valley ski resort reporting almost 9. This is early for this and according to the almanac there is more to come. Danged almanac has hit all the storms almost to the day this year.
I have 11 chord of firewood and a generator:D warm and well fed.
Charlie
it might be bear valley you were thinking of.http://www.bearvalley.com/

Bruce Page
11-24-2010, 1:11 PM
That's a lot of snow!
We had a 36" snowfall when I first moved to Los Alamos, New Mexico back in the 70's. I was born & raised in SoCal so it was quite an eye opener.
Stay safe & warm.

Craig D Peltier
11-24-2010, 7:30 PM
When I used to go up to the Sierras in Cali to Mammoth I thought that was alot of snow until I moved up here to the Cascade region. Seems like typical winter up there has snow up to second story window. Early May I have seen it still that deep.Driveways look like tunnels.