PDA

View Full Version : Gift Pens - Corian & Praying Hands

James Combs
11-23-2010, 8:14 PM
I was in our local Kitchen/Bathroom fixture/coutertop shop earlier this summer and asked them if they did anything in Corian. The guy behind the counter said no but their shops in London & Frankfort (Kentucky) did. I asked him if they ever had any left over scrap pieces. He said he didn't know but he would find out and since there is a weekly Wednesday milk run between shops he would have any he found delivered to his shop. I said hey that is great. Long story short, 2-3 weeks later I stopped by the shop and he had two nice size pieces for me.

Here is a pen That I made for him as a thank you.

Stats:
Pen type = Black titanium slimline dressed in whitish Corian
Finish = Huts plastic polish only

Our Church Pastor informed the congregation this past Sunday that he was resigning to take a new congregation in Atlanta. I made this next pen for him as a going away gift. This is my first Inlay pen.
168147 168148

Edit: The Pastor likes roller ball type pens so I replaced the standard refill with a Parker style gel refill. They write almost the same as a roller ball.
Stats:
Pen type = Elegant Wall-Street II Click Pen In Black Titanium and Chrome
Wood = Olive wood w/Praying Hands Inlay.
Finish = CA (about 8-9 coats) polished with Triple E.

Steve Schlumpf
11-23-2010, 8:29 PM
Nice work on both pens James!

The counter shop will really appreciate the pen - maybe start saving you some more of that scrap!

Your Pastor is going to love that pen! Really nice work with the inlay!

David E Keller
11-23-2010, 9:23 PM
Both pens are very nice... I've not seen that praying hands kit, but it's beautiful. The corian looks great, too. Comparing these to some of the earlier pens you posted... You've really developed your pen making muscles!

John Terefenko
11-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Both pens are really well done. Each had its own challenges and you sure met them head on. Job well done and I am sure they will be well recieved. Thanks for showing.

Billy Tallant
11-24-2010, 2:12 AM
Very nice looking pens. The praying hands is outstanding. First one I've seen like that. That corian's color is very pleasing. Great job on both pens!