PDA

View Full Version : PLS6MW Multi-Wavelength Laser Platform

Martin Boekers
11-23-2010, 4:51 PM
Anyone hear of this yet?

I got an email from ULS about it, not much information or availability.

Not having a ULS I don't know how easy it is to replace tubes, from what I
read it sounds like it's a quick and easy snap in and run thing. :rolleyes:
It said that you don't even have to align the tube when switching in and out.

It would be nice though to have the adaptability with a fiber and CO2
together in one mach.

Nothing on pricing or on additional tube costs.

www.ulsinc.com/webinars/multi-wavelength/ (http://www.ulsinc.com/webinars/multi-wavelength/)

Tony Lenkic
11-23-2010, 4:57 PM
I just checked it on their website an hour ago.
Don't know why they have two wave lengths in CO2. The overall concept is to compete with Trotec (they also offer Fiber/CO2 combo in one unit).

Lee DeRaud
11-23-2010, 6:10 PM
Not having a ULS I don't know how easy it is to replace tubes, from what I
read it sounds like it's a quick and easy snap in and run thing. :rolleyes:
It said that you don't even have to align the tube when switching in and out.I don't know about the larger units, but swapping tubes on mine is about as hard as putting new batteries in a flashlight.

Dan Hintz
11-23-2010, 7:31 PM
The two different wavelengths (10.6 and 9.3 um) are used for various substrates. We have 10.6, but the 9.3 works better on a lot of plastics.

Chris Mahoney
11-24-2010, 7:56 AM
I just looked at that machine the other day. If it works as easily as they say it does, then I think it's pretty sweet. Is there anyone out there who has the machine yet?

Martin Boekers
11-24-2010, 9:45 AM
I just looked at that machine the other day. If it works as easily as they say it does, then I think it's pretty sweet. Is there anyone out there who has the machine yet?\

Any word on pricing? The whole machine and/or additional tubes?

Marty

Dan Hintz
11-24-2010, 9:57 AM
Considering they just announced it, I doubt any of us have one yet. I like the orange paint job better than the blue, though :p

I'm wondering if my PLS can be retrofit or if they've made changes to the entire optics path to allow for easy(easier?) swaps. I requested info, but the return email said a local rep will contact me... I imagine that will be Paul.

Martin Boekers
11-24-2010, 10:10 AM
I like the idea of quick replacement tubes with no realignment.

My Epilogs take 5 times as long to realign the beam as to replace the tube. I wonder what the price is on a fiber tube.

Marty

Chris Mahoney
11-24-2010, 10:12 AM
\

Any word on pricing? The whole machine and/or additional tubes?

Marty

No idea. I can bet it ain't cheap though!