PDA

View Full Version : How to use XGW software with epilog helix24

Michael Cress
11-23-2010, 3:52 PM
How can I set up XGW software to work with my epilog.
I've tried the settings from Xenetech, but they don't work right.

I did manage to get something to work once but I can't remember what I did.

Any hwlp?

Thanks

Larry Bratton
11-23-2010, 4:03 PM
Is it supposed to work with anything other than a Xenetec machine? Looks like it's proprietary to me.

Daryl Gregg
11-23-2010, 4:29 PM
Xenetech does have a driver for other engravers, if I remember correctly it was around $800. I just copy/paste from xenetech to corel, convert the lines to the thickness that I want & engrave out of corel. Yes it is kinda a pain, but the cost of the driver was just too much for me to justify.

Tony Lenkic
11-23-2010, 4:52 PM
You can print to Epilog from Xenetech just like to any other printer.
I do it all the time with my ULS laser.

Setup your page size in XWG to work you need and send to printer (Ctrl + O)
The window will pop out where you set origin. Check TOP LEFT than click on printer setup button and that will take you to Epilog printer setup menu. From there set your power/speed etc.

Daryl Gregg
11-23-2010, 5:03 PM
Mine says that it wont work with other laser engravers call xenetech for patch. You must have a very old version of xenetech or one with the $800 patch.

Tony Lenkic
11-23-2010, 5:12 PM
XWG version 6.45.0.96 is what I currently use. It is setup as a rotary Viper engraver not a laser if that makes any difference.

Daryl Gregg
11-23-2010, 5:16 PM
Do yourself a favor & don't upgrade it. I'm using 6.53.0.123

Tony Lenkic
11-23-2010, 5:24 PM
Thanks Daryl.

Since all is running perfect I don't have intentions on upgrading unless I have to.
Hmmm, are you running VCS by any chance? That may be where I am uncertain of setup you may be getting the glitch.

Daryl Gregg
11-23-2010, 6:03 PM
nope, runnin the old school long board with an old western 16x24

Tony Lenkic
11-23-2010, 6:16 PM
If you were to print a proof for customer on to your desk top printer you would send your file CTRL + O. From there you pick printer of your choice. In this case it would be Epilog laser printer. It should work just fine. I don't understand why you would need a patch. Tell them you need to print proof on your desktop printer. Don't mention Epliog laser at all.

Michael Cress
11-24-2010, 8:53 AM
The patch is unnecessary as you just send to printer but the settings are finicky, like I said I did manage to engrave one crest to a piece of black steel as a test then it just didn't work again as I must have changed something by accident.

Larry Bratton
11-24-2010, 10:36 AM
I remember Roy Brewer saying something about you have to rename your laser. Xenetech stops you from being able to send it to the laser cause the software sees that it is another laser(ULS, Epilog, Trotec etc.) Try renaming the laser itself not sure how but I'm sure somebody does
You can rename a printer from Control Panel. Just open Printers and Faxes, find the printer, right click and select rename. Now whether this works or not as it applies to this discussion, I have no idea.

Daryl Gregg
11-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Changed my epilog printer to a different name & it works perfect!!!!