PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Pod holder

Allen stagg
11-23-2010, 12:07 PM
I have a Senseo Coffee maker on my desk at work and wanted something for holding the coffee pods in. I turned this simple looking vessel for just that purpose. Nothing elaborate and simple design which should match my office. I typically use a glossy glass finish, but wanted this one satin finish for my office to match the other mix and match office stuff.

This is Hackberry body and a Walnut top. The dark spots or rings are the outer area of worm holes in the Hackberry and the holes were solid packed with fine sawdust that the worms left as is. I finished it as is and the fine sawdust is now solid with the lacquer but was pretty solid already. The measurements are 5" wide and 10" height with the top and 8" without the top on. I turned this one without my Jamieson system using hand tools and calipers to measure a 3/16" thickness.

As soon as the lacquer smell wears off, I will keep it stocked with my coffee pods for my Senseo coffee machine.

bob svoboda
11-23-2010, 1:03 PM
Nice HF out of some really nice looking wood. Thanks for sharing.

Michael James
11-23-2010, 1:25 PM
WOW, very nicely done! I'd be afraid someone would swipe it from me here.....
Nice job, thanks for posting

ps - coffee: the other addiction

Steve Schlumpf
11-23-2010, 1:27 PM
Nice work! Pretty cool idea! Really like the Hackberry!

Allen stagg
11-23-2010, 1:30 PM
By the way, that top may or may not be walnut. I originally thought it was mesquite, but looked darker than most mesquite that I have turned before and was dark more like walnut, so that is what I called it but I very could be wrong on the top wood. Since I just found it on the road, I figured it would be mesquite but is dark like walnut but does have a redish tint also.