PDA

View Full Version : Osage Orange

Steven Green
11-23-2010, 2:39 AM
Ok for what it's worth I have a couple of dozen crotches from green Osage Orange. Free for the taking although you're gonna have to come here to get it. Halfway between Springfield IL and St Louis on 55. If any of you folks have an interest drop me a line. The stock varies from roughly 24" in diameter on down. I hate splitting crotches for firewood but that's where it's going unless somebody wants to use it for something spinny.

Aaron Wingert
11-23-2010, 8:56 AM
If I were only closer! Hope somebody takes advantage of this offer, osage is an awesome wood to turn.

Reed Gray
11-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Dang, I am only 2,000 or so miles away. Can't you just beam it over to me????

robo hippy

Kevin Stanbary
11-23-2010, 1:50 PM
hmm halfway between Springfield and St Louis puts you I'm guessing 5 hours or so away from me...

:mad: Guessing there's no way I could squeeze an entire day to go get some wood.

Ron Bontz
11-23-2010, 2:13 PM
Well now. I just happen to be less than 2 hours from Springfield. I feel a short road trip coming on. Send me a PM if I don't get one to you first.:) I am guessing you are close to Litchfield?

Matt Owen
11-23-2010, 3:25 PM
Well now. I just happen to be less than 2 hours from Springfield. I feel a short road trip coming on. Send me a PM if I don't get one to you first.:) I am guessing you are close to Litchfield?

Ron,

If for some reason you bring back more than you can turn, let me know. I work in East Alton, just 20 minutes from Edwardsville. I'd be more than happy to come get some.:D

Matt

Jim Colombo
11-23-2010, 4:23 PM
I would really like some if you'll mail it. I'll pay the postage. I've mailed allot of wood in those "if it fits it ships" boxes. A piece of 6"x12" fits perfectly in one of the boxes. Please let me know.