PDA

View Full Version : 47 years ago today I can still remember...

Ken Fitzgerald
11-22-2010, 10:53 PM
I was a freshman in HS. I went to the office at noon to ask a question. They had the radio on the PA system turned on and I listened in disbelief that President John F. Kennedy had been shot and killed in Dallas.

The incident still remains in my mind. School was canceled until after the funeral.

Bruce Page
11-22-2010, 11:47 PM
I was in Jr. High sitting in Mrs. Artran's art class. Very sad, I remember it like it was yesterday.

Rod Sheridan
11-23-2010, 1:40 AM
Although I'm a Canadian, this is one of the memories that remains with me to this day.

Same for Martin Luther King..............I do have some great memories as well, such as the moon landing.......Was there anyone not watching that on TV or listening on the radio?

Regards, Rod.

Bob Rossi
11-23-2010, 7:59 AM
I was in 5th grade, we were sent home from school till after the funeral. Sometimes I wonder what this country would be like today had history not been changed so terribly.
I will never forget how 5 year later a bullet shattered hope again.

bob svoboda
11-23-2010, 8:54 AM
Ken, we must be the same age. I can still remember the exact spot I was at on campus when I heard the horrible news.

Jim McFarland
11-23-2010, 9:38 AM
+1 -- group of his standing around the piano is Mrs. Talley's 7th grade music class when we heard the news -- sad days.

Jim Rimmer
11-23-2010, 9:43 AM
Ken, we must be the same age. I can still remember the exact spot I was at on campus when I heard the horrible news.
Same grade so must be close in age. I was in between tow buildings when I heard - just can't remember how I heard since I was outside. Remember sitting and watching everything with my Dad. Saw the live coverage of Oswald being shot. Some events you will just never forget.

Steve Schlumpf
11-23-2010, 11:18 AM
I was in the hallway walking to my next class when they made an announcement over the speaker system. Everyone just stopped in their tracks - stunned. I also remember watching the non-stop reporting on the event and those that followed for the next week.

Jerome Stanek
11-23-2010, 1:12 PM
I was in Shop class when they turned on the PA about it

Michael Weber
11-23-2010, 1:33 PM
I was in Mr. Neeley's high school drafting class when we heard he had been shot and in Mr. Blairs's biology class when they announced that he had died. Mr. Blair made a short comment about life and hope and then I guess school was dismissed.

Jim Finn
11-23-2010, 8:57 PM
I was stationed in Las Vegas in the USAF and off duty, in a casio, when the news hit the TV there. Folks just kept on gambling...

Leo Graywacz
11-23-2010, 9:07 PM
47 years ago I was probably suckling on my mother....I was 1 y.o. Not much for me to remember.

Jim Becker
11-23-2010, 9:23 PM
I think I was in first grade or something close to that...too long ago...but I still remember the TV coverage of the funeral procession and the horse-drawn caisson that we watched on our black and white TV of the time.

Charlie Reals
11-23-2010, 9:27 PM
I was sitting in a 40mm tub on a DE drinking coffee. For 3 days we were pretty much on GQ wondering who we were going to war with.