PDA

View Full Version : Another day in paradise

David Wilson
12-30-2004, 10:51 AM
Lovley weather here in Minnesota. Temp at 30 deg and raining hard. Everything in coated with ice and am hearing about semi's driving off the interstate into the ditch on purpouse for safety reasons. They can't get off at ramps because of ice. The weather people are saying it will turn to snow this afternoon which will mean slipery conditions for a long time. I may have to take the rest of the day off and go home to my shop and make more sawdust.

Tyler Howell
12-30-2004, 10:55 AM
Some of us choose to live in this stuff:rolleyes: !
I don't know Dave.

David Wilson
12-30-2004, 11:05 AM
Some of us choose to live in this stuff:rolleyes: !
I don't know Dave.
Oh well Tyler, they say it keeps out the Rif Raf.

Cecil Arnold
12-30-2004, 12:34 PM
I'm cleaning out the shop in shirt sleeves and the high for today is forecast to be 75. Unfortunately all that rain from California is starting to trickle in, so we have scattered showers and a plethoria of incoming snow birds.

Scott Parks
12-30-2004, 6:25 PM
Oh well Tyler, they say it keeps out the Rif Raf.
This rif raf could only handle 5 winters in ND. BBRRRR!!! I enjoy going back, but only in summer... Throw a rock across the river at LOML's family for me.... (Wahpeton)... At least spring is only 3 months away!:)

Ken Garlock
12-30-2004, 6:45 PM
Living there is a tough job, but somebody has to do it :) Do be extra careful on your trip home. It may be tough now, but the summers are great, beautiful country and good fishing. :D

Karl Laustrup
12-30-2004, 7:06 PM
Hey David and Tyler,
Ice. That's what we had this morning also. Fortunatly we did warm up and up.
It was 45 degrees at 3 PM and I just looked and it's now 50 at 6 PM. All our snow is gone. :( Now it's just crappy brown again.
If it wasn't dark I'd put my shorts on and do some yard work. :eek:

Karl

Tyler Howell
12-30-2004, 11:36 PM
This rif raf could only handle 5 winters in ND. BBRRRR!!! I enjoy going back, but only in summer... Throw a rock across the river at LOML's family for me.... (Wahpeton)... At least spring is only 3 months away!:)Scott,
Did you get your flight training in No Dak?

Tyler Howell
12-30-2004, 11:41 PM
Hey David and Tyler,
Ice. That's what we had this morning also. Fortunatly we did warm up and up.
It was 45 degrees at 3 PM and I just looked and it's now 50 at 6 PM. All our snow is gone. :( Now it's just crappy brown again.
If it wasn't dark I'd put my shorts on and do some yard work. :eek:

Karl
Hey Karl,
I saw 54 driving home. This ain't El Nino is it?? Kinda like a little white and fluffy this time of year.

Scott Parks
12-30-2004, 11:49 PM
Scott,
Did you get your flight training in No Dak?
Yep, UND. Excellent school!

Chad Pater
12-31-2004, 9:10 PM
Lovley weather here in Minnesota. Temp at 30 deg and raining hard. Everything in coated with ice and am hearing about semi's driving off the interstate into the ditch on purpouse for safety reasons. They can't get off at ramps because of ice. The weather people are saying it will turn to snow this afternoon which will mean slipery conditions for a long time. I may have to take the rest of the day off and go home to my shop and make more sawdust.

Down here in the southern part we had 55 yesterday. Today however winter has returned. :(

Tyler Howell
12-31-2004, 9:14 PM
Yep, UND. Excellent school!A lot of our controllers went through the programs up there. It is a go school.