PDA

View Full Version : A short story with some pictures...

Russell Eaton
11-22-2010, 7:33 PM
Last year I was able to meet the Governor of Georgia, Sonny Purdue. I gave him a pen and a turkey striker. He is a avid turkey hunter. Yesterday I was told by a friend that the Gov. was on Realtree Outdoors on ESPN. He recorded the show and I was happy to see the Gov. in his office using his striker. There was no closeup but I was able to recognize it. I have no idea of how to capture the photo off the TV, but here are a couple of pictures that show the striker and one of the pen I made for him. I went on December 1, 2009. Thanks for looking. Russell

Jeff Nicol
11-22-2010, 7:42 PM
Last year I was able to meet the Governor of Georgia, Sonny Purdue. I gave him a pen and a turkey striker. He is a avid turkey hunter. Yesterday I was told by a friend that the Gov. was on Realtree Outdoors on ESPN. He recorded the show and I was happy to see the Gov. in his office using his striker. There was no closeup but I was able to recognize it. I have no idea of how to capture the photo off the TV, but here are a couple of pictures that show the striker and one of the pen I made for him. I tried to show the picture of myself and the Governor, I can't get it to upload. I guess the file size is too big. There are several of them on the Governor website. I went on December 1, 2009. Thanks for looking. Russell
Russell, Great story and a beautiful set of "Tools" Did you do the laser work yourself or have it done for you? I want to get a laser so bad, but I think my bride would make me sleep with it in the shop! I am going to steal your stand idea by the way! I some great uses for it and I have a ton of small chunks of antler that I will have a use for now!

Great story,

Jeff

Russell Eaton
11-22-2010, 7:56 PM
Jeff, feel free to "steal" the stand idea. I just used CA glue to seat the antler. It also works well with one fork, you just need to drill a small hole at a angle to stop the pen from sliding. I want a laser as well. This work was done by a friend, he lives close and does a great job. Thanks, Russell

Ken Hill
11-22-2010, 8:29 PM
Very cool story and great looking pieces!

Richard Madden
11-22-2010, 8:46 PM
Great story and beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

Bernie Weishapl
11-22-2010, 9:58 PM
Cool story and really nice pieces. Thanks for sharing.

David E Keller
11-22-2010, 10:08 PM
That's a cool story and a couple of nice looking turnings.