PDA

View Full Version : Up dated picture of Rehab of Delta Unisaw.

Bart Leetch
12-29-2004, 11:22 PM
Here it is in all of it resplendent glory so far.

I still need to do a lot of work. :D

Bruce Page
12-30-2004, 1:13 AM
Looking good Bart. I'm not sure about the blood red accents though...

Bart Leetch
12-30-2004, 1:37 AM
Hi Bruce

Actually the color is safety red & it has a little orange in it.

I'll be covering the hole where the switch was because I'll mount the switch on the bottom side of the fence guide rail on the left side of the saw. This will allow for standing on the left to guide wide material through the saw & still be able to turn the saw on & off. I'll make a system on the saw that will allow me to shut it off most anywhere along the front of the saw. :D

You post was good for a laugh though. ;) :eek:

John Weber
12-30-2004, 7:37 AM
Looking good Bart. I'm not sure about the blood red accents though...

I agree with Bruce, the saw is sweet, but the red - ouch...

John

Jim Dunn
12-30-2004, 8:06 AM
I like the red Bart! Matches the handles.

Marshall Harrison
12-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Looks great Bart and you've come a long way with it.

Those colors almost look like Craftsman colors :D

Jim Becker
12-30-2004, 10:12 AM
You know, Bart...you could continue that red up in some little flames or something... :D

Seriously, nice job. This is a wonderful project and will give you a great saw to work with.

Ted Shrader
12-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Bart -

Looks like you are making good progress.

With all that grey and red - are you an Ohio State fan or something? :)

Regards,
Ted

Bart Leetch
12-30-2004, 10:51 AM
Sorry Ted I've never been interested in any kind of sports. You might call me a spoil sport I think it a big waste of time & money. Now something like The New Yankee Workshop or American Wood Shop or Woodwright Shop if I'm going to watch someone do something on TV nows thats good sports.

Well Guys Jim Becker asked for red & I tried to please :D so I guess you can blame him HE He He :eek: :D .

Thanks for all the great comments.

Michael Stafford
12-30-2004, 11:05 AM
I like it! The red looks great and I like red! Go for it Bart! I am really enjoying your rehab and cannot wait to see that old boy "fired up".

scott spencer
12-30-2004, 11:25 AM
It looks alot faster with that racing stripe on it Bart!

William OConnell
12-30-2004, 11:51 AM
I bought my wife an airbrush for christmas ( She thinks its for her lol} maybe I can let you use it. Thanks for posting this I really enjoyed my old rebuild.

Maurice Ungaro
12-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Some of the sail powered warships of days gone by, used to have their decks painted red. It got the men accustomed to the sight of blood during battle.

Maurice

Keith Outten
12-31-2004, 6:14 AM
Bart,

Nice job on the saw overhaul and I really like the gray and red color scheme but I'm from Dixieland :)

Frank Pellow
12-31-2004, 7:41 AM
Thanks for the update Bart. Add me to the list of folks who like the grey and red colour scheme.

Ronald Anderson
12-31-2004, 12:21 PM
This is my first post but I have been following this thread with great interest since I am also involved in the restoration of a 1948 Unisaw at the present time. My saw was used in the carpenter shop of the cement plant that I have been employed at for the past 28 years. The manufacturing part of the plant was closed and torn down 2 years ago. The carpenter shop was located in the small shipping section which survived, otherwise this saw would have been cut up and destroyed with all of the rest of the equipment. I was given this Unisaw, 2 large Dewalt Radial Arm Saws, and a very old 26" Silver (Crescent) Bandsaw. At the present time this presents somewhat of a dilemma because of the limited space in my shop. So... I thought I would just add a photo of my saw also...

Ron

Frank Pellow
12-31-2004, 1:26 PM
Very nice Ronald (and welcome to Saw Mill Creek).

Now that you have seen Bart's saw, are you going to get out a can of red paint?

Jim Dunn
12-31-2004, 1:45 PM
Frank,

His handles are silver, but the fence and rails are white. (Note: see previous post this thread.)

Glenn Clabo
12-31-2004, 2:24 PM
Well Guys Jim Becker asked for red & I tried to please :D so I guess you can blame him HE He He :eek: :D .Bart...My favorite color is red! Here's an idea.

David LaRue
12-31-2004, 2:31 PM
I have an extra can of Powematic gold ... if that would help! :eek: :D You could add a rally racing stripe (like the pm 66's) on the bottom too to go with the flames. ;)

http://home.comcast.net/~mywoodshop/assets/images/PM66-with-DC-400.jpg
David

Ronald Anderson
12-31-2004, 4:21 PM
Very nice Ronald (and welcome to Saw Mill Creek).

Now that you have seen Bart's saw, are you going to get out a can of red paint?
Thanks Frank, but I thought I was being really flashy with the two-tone gray paint scheme. :)

Ron

Ted Shrader
12-31-2004, 7:54 PM
Hi Ron -

Welcome to the Creek! Great place to hang out. You were certainly fortunate to have landed those old pieces of classic iron from the carpentry shop. Making room for them will be tough, but I'm sure you can handle it. :)

Welcome,
Ted

Ernie Kuhn
12-31-2004, 8:25 PM
Bart,
Nice job.
I like the paint job too but, if you don't mind, I'll call it Crimson and Gray.
Ernie