PDA

View Full Version : Question about Lee Valley

John Weber
12-29-2004, 10:09 PM
I recieved a Lee Valley gift certificate for Christmas. They will be at the Columbus show in a couple weeks. My question is can I use my gift certificate at the show. I think they typically wave tax and shipping and you just place the order at the show.

Thanks - John

Jim Becker
12-29-2004, 10:17 PM
'Best to call them and ask, John. Or email/PM Rob...he's an SMC member.

John Weber
12-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I thought Rob might chime in....

John

Terry Hatfield
12-29-2004, 10:57 PM
I recieved a Lee Valley gift certificate for Christmas. They will be at the Columbus show in a couple weeks. My question is can I use my gift certificate at the show. I think they typically wave tax and shipping and you just place the order at the show.

Thanks - John

John!!! It will never work!! Don't try it!!! Just sent it to me and I'll take care of it for ya!!!! :D ;)

t

Scott Brihn
12-29-2004, 11:57 PM
I received a LV gift certificate last year and needed to place my order via the USPS in order to use it. As others suggest a quick call will confirm if they will take it at the show.

Jim Dunn
12-30-2004, 7:58 AM
John, a friend had a gift card that had to be sent into LV in order to use it. They said they couldn't do a phone order with it. Probably? the same at a ww show? as their system isn't set up to do redemption remotely.

Jim Andrew
01-01-2005, 10:24 AM
What is the name of this woodworking show and how do you find their
schedule? Jim

Peter Stahl
01-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Jim,

Here's the link to the The Woodworking Shows: http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/

There's also another on called Woodworks:
http://www.woodworks2003.com/

Hope this doesn't break any rules as far a poting links goes.

Pete

John Weber
01-01-2005, 1:56 PM
Well, I'm a bit bummed, because in reading the fine print they say mail order only. Part of the fun of the wood shows is making purchases there. I'm also going to see if LV will match the deal at the show (I not sure if the plane will be discounted, but they ususally offer no tax and free shipping). I guess there is even room for a good company like LV to improve, hopefully in the future gift certificates can be used on-line and at the shows.

John