PDA

View Full Version : FLIP video camera...

Chuck Wintle
11-20-2010, 7:30 AM
was just wondering if any members have bought a FLIP video camera and. if yes, what do you think of it? :D

Rob Fisher
11-20-2010, 3:17 PM
My wife got one. She uses it now and then. Its small, easy to use and inexpensive. Considering all of that I think its great. Video quality is good, not sure if we have the HD one or not. Since we do not need a video camera a lot I think it is perfect for us.

Rob

Chuck Saunders
11-20-2010, 5:02 PM
I got my daughter one two years ago I thought it was perfect for a 10 year old that wanted to do video. I liked using it to video my sons BB games.

Gary Hodgin
11-20-2010, 6:13 PM
I've never used one, but bought my daughter one last Christmas and she loves it. Nice videos. BTW, I think her's is the HD model or something like that. I paid a little more for it than the standard. Got it from B&H Photo.

Jim Becker
11-20-2010, 9:13 PM
I have the original FLIP and it's easy to use and takes reasonably good basic video. The HD model is a better choice these days, however, and the prices have come down. Professor Dr. SWMBO just coped a previous generation refurb FLIP HD via Woot for about $80 to be used as a holiday gift for one of our daughters.

Bryan Morgan
11-20-2010, 11:49 PM
The Flips are pretty good. I went with the Kodak Ki8 instead though.

Chuck Wintle
11-21-2010, 6:58 AM
I just ordered the latest ultra HD version from the Flip online store. Will post a small review of it once I have had time to use it a little.

Brian Cosgrove
11-21-2010, 5:18 PM
My wife bought a flip "slide" earlier this year and loves it. She uses it to record my son's soccer games etc. and the quality from what I have seen is really impressive, especially for the price point it is at

Andy Pedler
11-22-2010, 1:52 AM
The Flip is a nice compact video camera and takes completely acceptable video for a handheld camera. What I cannot figure out is why they haven't added wifi connectivity to it. Then you could download your movies without the "flipping" USB connector. I guess you'd lose the trademark feature but it would be an improved product.