PDA

View Full Version : Just a Smoke'in Live is good

Roger Bullock
11-19-2010, 2:54 PM
Took a break from making 2 sets of tables and chairs for my granddaughter (1 for her house and 1 for Grandma and Grandpa's house) so I fired up the smoker and patio fire pit and took to smoke'in. Also it's the first day of deer season here so I've been watching a nice buck chase does around my house. Bet the hunters over the hill in the bottoms are wondering where that big buck went they seen before season started. :eek:

Bob Rufener
11-19-2010, 4:46 PM
Our season starts tomorrow (Saturday). I spent much of the day moving a ladder stand and clearing out some brush. It seems that most of the deer around here are mainly nocturnal. 95% of the pics on my trail camera are in the middle of the night. It's supposed to be about 30 degrees tomorrow morning but my stand is about 30 yards from the house so if I get cold, it's a short walk. Good luck to all the other deer hunters out there. A friend of mine got this elk about 7 weeks ago in Wyoming with a bow and arrow. We had elk steaks at his house last Saturday. Tasty but a bit tough as you might espect

Bill Cunningham
11-20-2010, 9:37 PM
Our Rifle hunt is over, didn't see a darn thing, not even a turkey. Last year we must have had a dozen or more sitting in the trees above our stands (turkeys :D I don't think were allowed to shoot the deer when their roosting..ha..) . Coyotes yelping all around, all day long. no wonder the deer and turkey's are scarce. Our muzzle loader season starts on the 29th, and runs until Dec. 4. I just bought one of those new T/C Impact's last week, mounted the scope and bore sighted it this evening. Were going to have to concentrate on REALLY thinning out the yotes this year. The bounty on them in the county we hunt, is 50 bucks each. One group of locals shot 40 this fall, and it hasn't even made a dent in the population. You could earn a living doing this..