PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite spray gun?

nic obie
12-29-2004, 4:25 PM
I guess it's time I upgrade from the old Wagner HVLP turbine setup that I've used for over 10 years. At the time it was their top of the line gun and believe it or not I got pretty good with it.

However, as I am thinking of switching to water based clears and am tired of the cup and hose getting in the way (on the Wagner it comes straight of the back of the gun, not from the bottom of the handle) I think I'll go with a conversion pressure fed HVLP. I just don't know which one.

Any Ideas? I want the best, or almost the best this time.

Jim Becker
12-29-2004, 4:56 PM
I have the Wagner HVLP conversion gun (review on my site) and am soon to convert it to an external 2 qt. pop to allow for working in closer quarters, such as inside built cabinets.

nic obie
12-29-2004, 5:48 PM
Jim,

I think that is a good idea too.

I went ahead and bought a 2.5 gal pot with 20' hoses The pot (Qualspray 501) has casters so it will roll without tipping over. The cool thing about the bigger pots is that you can put a gal can inside it then start spraying. When done just pull the can out, add thinner and flush the lines.

Jeff at Homestead carries them, so does Gleem.

BTW, nice review. I see Gleem has the gun and the 501 pot for sale for $350. Tempting.....

Rob Russell
12-29-2004, 8:28 PM
I second Jeff Jewitt at Homestead Finishing. He's extremely knowledgeable. I bought the Asturo setup because I wanted top quality.