PDA

View Full Version : Goin' Out !!!

Kent A Bathurst
11-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Here's where I'll be standing next week, thigh deep and hoping for the drum run or the striper run, settling for the bluefish run, expecting the traditional skate run :D . Annual outing with the gang of thieves I went to college with too many decades ago, drinking beer and telling lies while standing in the surf at Cape Point, Hatteras, NC.

I think Ima gonna try to get them to join together for a group Christmas present buy for me - Wenzloff halfback saw. Success unlikely, but costs nothing more that a bit of lost tackle to try.

Working's for dogs that don't fish.

Robert McGowen
11-19-2010, 12:12 PM
Have fun. The reds are running on the Texas coast right now! This is my kid with one of the 6 that he caught that day.

Kent A Bathurst
11-19-2010, 1:05 PM
Have fun. The reds are running on the Texas coast right now! This is my kid with one of the 6 that he caught that day.

Robert -

You.......Are.....Not......Helping.

But, I'll get in touch next month, to line up a trip with your son. I'll buy the beer and the gas............:D

Robert McGowen
11-19-2010, 1:14 PM
But, I'll get in touch next month, to line up a trip with your son. I'll buy the beer and the gas............:D

Hey, I caught 2! The only reason he caught 6 was because I was driving the boat and telling him where to cast!

(At least that is what I told him......:o)

Ken Fitzgerald
11-19-2010, 1:18 PM
Robert,

While stationed at Kingsville, myself and a retired E-8 and his son used to fish for Reds in Baffin Bay. It can be a lot of fun.

Belinda Barfield
11-19-2010, 2:03 PM
Kent,

Is it too much to hope that the weather turns cold and your kneecaps freeze? :D:rolleyes: Have fun!

Kent A Bathurst
11-19-2010, 2:34 PM
Kent,

Is it too much to hope that the weather turns cold and your kneecaps freeze? :D:rolleyes: Have fun!

Ummm........Belinda.....read the OP about the beer......nope - kneecaps won't freeze, plus there is champagne and bloody mary's back at the beach house for emergency situations.