PDA

View Full Version : My First Acrylic

Tom Mullane
12-29-2004, 3:40 PM
Turned my first acrylic ... I had to, the box of stuff from Arizona Silhouette came today and it was burning my hands.. honestly... Bill made me do it.. LOL...
Also my first Atlas Pen, a new kit that AS is selling that they have designed..
Let me tell you this is one nice kit.. I was a little apprehensive about the design (almost a clone to the Patriot kit).. but once I finished it and wrote with it I was sold.. this will definately go into my spring inventory... and the best part is that I can get two pens from one acrylic blank.. now that is economical....
The kit I did was a Black Chrome with the AA03 acrylic blank that Bill describes as "A wild abstract of fine orange lines against dark brown; very special and unique".. and it definately is.. works real nice with the black chrome kit...
Sanded with Hut Magic Sand, a new nonwoven steel wool that Hut sells that comes in 4 grades.. the finest is equivalent to 10000grit... the finish was dead smooth and glossy with that... then finished with Hut Ultra Gloss Plastic Polish which really gave it a glass like finish with absolutely no swirl marks...
Looks like there will definately be some acylics in my future from now on...

Paul Lockyer
12-29-2004, 3:59 PM
That's very nice work! And thanks for the details.

Paul

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-29-2004, 4:14 PM
That is beautiful, Tom.

Bruce

Ray Dockrey
12-29-2004, 5:07 PM
Very nice Tom.