PDA

View Full Version : SCMI T110 shaper gloat

Stephen Cherry
11-18-2010, 5:23 PM
Here is a picture of a shaper I picked up today at auction. I also bought the Delta 1 hp feeder because I forgot to bring tools to take it off.

All together, around 800 USD, including tax, and commission. I already have two of the Delta HD shapers, but I wanted to use 1.25 inch tooling (Oella saw is close to where I live, and they have lots of reconditioned cutters at OK prices), plus, I wanted a feeder.

So there it is, a pretty decent shaper, in my opinion, for just a few bucks more than a good router, lift, table setup.

Jonathan Spool
11-18-2010, 5:28 PM
Great aquisition Stephen,
If you're looking to move the feeder let me know.
Jonathan

johnny means
11-18-2010, 8:20 PM
Makes those Deltas feel like router tables, huh? Nice catch.

Peter Quinn
11-18-2010, 9:00 PM
Nice score. Thats quite a tool and a good deal to boot. Enjoy that. I love Oella Saw too, I have a small pile of fine tooling from Dave myself. Great outfit, must be nice to have him local!

Rod Sheridan
11-18-2010, 9:23 PM
Very nice...............Rod.

J.R. Rutter
11-18-2010, 9:59 PM
Great score. I sold mine 2 years ago for $2500 with a pro scale readout, nice Univer feeder, and some cutters. I thought that the buyer got a pretty good deal.

Stephen Cherry
11-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Nice score. Thats quite a tool and a good deal to boot. Enjoy that. I love Oella Saw too, I have a small pile of fine tooling from Dave myself. Great outfit, must be nice to have him local!

Thanks. I was at Daves place today. I had him make for me a set of of cutters for stop fluted Townsend style table legs. It's basically flutes, filled flutes, AND scratch stocks to match the shaper knives. I can't wait to give them a spin!

Thomas Delpizzo
11-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Very Nice!!!!

Mike Cruz
11-18-2010, 11:24 PM
You are an auction maven! Where were you when I need stuff. I need to make a list for you...;)

Dave MacArthur
11-19-2010, 2:10 AM
That's just great! I'd love to hear more about auctions, where do you find them? I'm all over CL, but would love to try some auctions too? Any info much appreciated ;)

Van Huskey
11-19-2010, 2:28 AM
YOU SUCK! That is all.

Stephen Cherry
11-19-2010, 7:57 AM
That's just great! I'd love to hear more about auctions, where do you find them? I'm all over CL, but would love to try some auctions too? Any info much appreciated ;)

I used auctionzip, but I hear that bidspotter is OK also. I think that what you want to find is auctions that don't describe the item well, or are not well publicized, etc. From what I understand irsauctions sell high because they are well followed.

This is all new to me also (auctions). It's fun, but unfortunately, I have run out of space, and money. Fortunately, I am pretty much machined up.

I like garage sales for tools also, but I haven't seen too many shapers for sale; and you need to sort through the used walmart stuff.

Stephen Cherry
11-19-2010, 8:01 AM
you suck! that is all.

thanks __