PDA

View Full Version : delta mobile base

Doug Carpenter
11-18-2010, 8:59 AM
I have a delta base unter my delta unisaw. It has the extension for the 52" fence.

I am having some difficulty with the leveling pads hitting the floor in the uneven spots when moving the saw.

also one I level the saw I had to add to the top of the plate the wheel is mounted to in order to actuate the cam to even lift the base so it would roll.

anybody alter these so the work a little better? My garage floor is the usual poured floor with no crack to speak of.

thanks, Doug

Bill DeForrest
11-18-2010, 9:06 AM
Doug,
I had the same problem, I got almost no lift. If you look at the top plate of the lifting caster, you will find that it is probably bent from the weight. I added a piece of 3/16" steel plate bolted into place and it now lifts and clears uneven floors with no problem.
Bill

Doug Carpenter
11-18-2010, 9:16 AM
Hi Bill,

I did add a peice of steel to the plate as you described. I'll have to look and see if it is bent. I need to bolt it as well. I guess I am on the right track. I am also considering putting larger wheels on the fixed ends as well. It looks like there is room to go a hair bigger and I thing that will work wonders. I'll have to check Mcmaster carr to see if I can get bigger wheels.

I am other wise really happy with the base. I bought it from a fellow creeker. I also bought some legs from another creeker and luckily they threaded right onto the stud from the leveling feet. The look is really clean.

I have had it on 2 by 4's for 20 years.:o

Bill DeForrest
11-18-2010, 2:50 PM
Doug,
I didn't have to go to larger wheels, if I remember it lifted it about an inch or better. The big problem was the top of the caster plate being bent.
Bill