PDA

View Full Version : I have moved. Pics of new shop

Greg Hairston
12-29-2004, 1:33 PM
Well I made the move from Va. to Tn. We were extremely blessed to find the right house in the right area but most of all It has a shop. The house is a 4 bedroom with an attached 2 car garage. The shop is a separate building that is 40' X 32' with a space heater and window AC units. I am posting a pic of the outside and hope to have some pics of the inside later today.
I am currently installing my new Woodsucker II Dust collector and the ducting. The shop is in a bit of a mess but I will post the pics anyway

Greg

Frank Pellow
12-29-2004, 1:47 PM
That looks like a massive shop, Greg. Congratulations, and I will be interested in seeing additional pictures.

Jerry Baldwin
12-29-2004, 1:50 PM
House? Who cares about the house! I want the shop :D .

Congratulations. Man, that looks nice.

Ted Shrader
12-29-2004, 1:58 PM
Greg -

Congratulations on the new shop . . . oh, and house, too! How long will you get to stay there in Tennessee?

Regards,
Ted

Greg Hairston
12-29-2004, 2:01 PM
Ted,
Looks like I may be here to stay. Tired of moving every couple of years. 24 Yrs in the Navy looking at retiring this tour.

Greg

Christian Aufreiter
12-29-2004, 2:02 PM
Hi Greg,

congrats on this fine shop. Please keep us posted about it, I'd love to see more pics of your storage system and equipment.

Regards,

Christian

Jim Becker
12-29-2004, 2:08 PM
Very nice space, Greg...big and open...perfect for that combo machine!! Congratulations on the new property, house, and, of course, the shop!!

Rob Littleton
12-29-2004, 2:26 PM
Man, what a beauty...........

that is a nice open space.

Hey, what kind of ducting you using for that DC? I am about to install mine but still havent decided on plastic or metal. Is it easy to work with that plastic? What is it, SDR?

Looks kool anyways. Enjoy.

Greg Hairston
12-29-2004, 3:26 PM
Rob,
The ducting is S&D ASTM 2729. It is very light and easy to work with. I chose not to glue it and I used HVAC tape and silicone to seal it tight. So far so good. I use a fine tooth handsaw to make my cuts and it all fits nicely together. No need to buy special adaptors for the machines or the flex hose.

Greg

Bruce Page
12-29-2004, 3:26 PM
I only have one word for you Greg - WOW! Beautiful shop!

ok, three words!

Silas Smith
12-29-2004, 3:38 PM
You are living the dream. I'm not sure if I'm more envious of the shop or the tools.

Bill Roland
12-29-2004, 4:38 PM
Ain't that neat! A shop with it's own address. I just wish I had a shop.

Congrats from Mt Julliet, TN

Boyd Gathwright
12-29-2004, 4:52 PM
Hi Greg,

.... Congrats on your move and of course your shop. Question: How long did it take to complete the move?

.... Nice clean looking Shop :).

Boyd

Boyd Gathwright
12-29-2004, 5:02 PM
Greg, How high is your ceiling? Looks to be just under ten feet ;)?

Boyd

Ted Shrader
12-29-2004, 5:05 PM
Greg -

Looks like a good place to settle down. I am working on my last extension, then the papers go in when that is approved. Will be 28 years when I'm done.

Regards,
Ted

Greg Hairston
12-29-2004, 5:54 PM
All,
Thanks for the remarks. It has a long way to go.

Boyd,
The ceilings are just a bit under 10 feet. I think 9' 8" to be exact.

Ted,
What service and whats your job. If it is Navy I may be able to help. Pm me with the details

Greg

Lou Morrissette
12-29-2004, 6:16 PM
WOW! What a great space, Greg. Congratulations on the new home and shop. Best of luck.

Lou

Joe Mioux
12-29-2004, 6:22 PM
What a wonderful space and the tools are equally as impressive!
Congrats

Robert Ducharme
12-29-2004, 9:16 PM
Very nice looking shop. Waiting to see what comes out of it. :)

Jerry Olexa
12-29-2004, 9:43 PM
Greg, that is a wonderful space, building etc. A GREAT shop!! Enjoy it and be safe. Good choice!! I always look @ the shop or basement first when we look to buy homes.

Kelly C. Hanna
12-30-2004, 12:05 AM
Very nice shop!! You have done well...bet you are happy right now!!

John Miliunas
12-30-2004, 12:47 AM
Greg, that is one sweet setup! Congrats and I hope you get to enjoy it for many, many years to com!:) The one question I do have is, are you planning on keeping the Woodsucker right there? If so, any plans to enclose it? I'm curious, as I also have one of those and am fortunate enough to have an attached area where I installed mine, then ducted the filtered air back into the shop. Don't know if I'd care for the noise to be in the main area of the shop.:cool:

Tyler Howell
12-30-2004, 8:29 AM
Very nice looking shop. Waiting to see what comes out of it. :)With a shop like that ....... Or yours Rob nothing has to come out. Just sit there and take it all in.:D :cool: :D
Nice Set up.